Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rayl8888

After TVBAnywhere update, audio not original language

Jump to solution

The TVBAnywhere channel was updated recently. The audio language is not the original Cantonese for some shows.

I get shows spoken in Vietnamese or mandarin. I don’t see a way to change the audio settings. It was working before the update.

Is there a way to change the audio or a way to contact the developer of the channel?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: After TVBAnywhere update, audio not original language

Jump to solution

@Rayl8888-

A quick web search came up with this:

https://www.tvbanywhere.com/contact-us.html

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Rayl8888-

A quick web search came up with this:

https://www.tvbanywhere.com/contact-us.html

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rayl8888

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
davidtng
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have same issue where more & more HKTVB dramas are broadcasted in Vietnamese & Mandarin in last couple of weeks, that includes concurrent dramas live in HongKong with several variant Roku box. 

i am not surprise as the North American HKTVB provider is marketing it’s own table top streaming box. Remember the similarity with TVpad & Moonbox fiasco decades ago?! 

There is only ONE concurrent drama series still in Cantonese & that may gone next week. Only thing i can do is try to watch on Youtube on tablet i stead of big screen.

0 Kudos
davidtng
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

tough luck suggesting asking HKTVB for solution to language language compatibility on Roku devices when EverywhereNorthAmerica is promoting their own streaming device. 

0 Kudos
davidtng
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TVBAnywhere is no longer free. One has to pay a hefty monthly fee, that is the REASON why Ruku box no longer able to receive new or vintage drama series in Cantonese dialect. You get reception in Vietnamese or Mandarin because HKTVB is promoting Ruku sale to Vietnamese & Mainland customers.if you are Cantonese, you pay heftly subscription & watch it on Ipad or tablet. I no longer watch TVBHK any more.

0 Kudos
JT888

Jump to solution

SOLUTION/FIX:

Play the episode, if audio is Vietnamese,

hit * on the Roku remote,

Select 'Accessibility & Captions",

Select 'Audio track',

Select 'Cantonese'.

The video now plays in Cantonese audio!!

0 Kudos