Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rumanji
Channel Surfer

After Playing an Ad the Program Starts from a Previous Point Already Viewed

I have an early ROKU streaming stick. Just paired it with a new remote because my original remote stopped working. I subscribed to a free trial of Discovery +. I went the cheap route with ads, just to try the programming out. Tried to watch a show on Food network and one on ID. While watching both shows when an ad would play the show oftentimes restarted at points I had already seen. I utilized every button on the remote and could not get the show restarted at the point it was prior to the ad. when watching free movies on ROKU, TUBI, etc., I do not encounter this problem. Very Frustrating! I would really like to add some programming however if this issue cannot be resolved I certainly won't. I did not realize that ROKU did not provide agent service on the streaming sticks. Thanks in advance for any help to resolve this issue!

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: After Playing an Ad the Program Starts from a Previous Point Already Viewed

Roku has offered nine different versions of the Stick, so we need to know what model you have. Depending on the model you have, it might simply be too old to work correctly with Paramount+, which is a relatively new channel offering. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Rumanji
Channel Surfer

The stick is a wireless 08:05:81:7F:2F:AB

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
atc98092

That is the MAC address, not the model number. Look under Settings/System/About, and you will find the model number.

Dan

0 Kudos
Rumanji
Channel Surfer

Model 3500X 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Thanks for that! Your Stick is what is referred to as the "purple" Stick. Unfortunately, Roku has dropped support on that model last year, and Roku OS 11 is the last version supported. I checked the Paramount+ support page, and while they do still list the 3500 as a supported model my guess is they haven't updated their list since Roku dropped support. Since you don't have the latest version of the Roku OS, that might explain why the channel won't work correctly anymore.

Just something for you to know, if you lose or break your remote, you cannot get a replacement. The Roku remotes available on their web site will not work on your model Stick. The model 3500 Stick was released in March 2014, so it's over 9 years old now. You would probably be shocked how well a new one would work compared to yours. 🙂

Dan

0 Kudos
Rumanji
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the information. A couple of clarifications from my original post. I tried Discovery+, not Paramount+ but that probably amounts to the same thing. I had stated that my original remote stopped working so I bought a new one. It paired up and does work correctly with free ROKU programs. I for sure will buy a new ROKU stick and dispose of my 3500 model. Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Sorry, I should have confirmed which channel was not working correctly. My bad for not looking back at your first post. But I would expect the same with Discovery+ as well, as it too is a fairly new channel. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Rumanji 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing. 

As @atc98092 mentioned, the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500 is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please be aware that I have passed along your information and concerns to our Support team. They will reach out and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rumanji
Channel Surfer

I replaced my 3500 streaming stick with a Express 4K+ and I would now like to retry the 7 day free trial offer of Discovery+ but it isy showing me that option. How can I resign up to try it on this new streaming stick? Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos