Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arthurk
Reel Rookie

Adding local broadcast channels on Roku Ultra

Is it possible to add local broadcast channels? 

Using the instructions below, I have the antenna installed, but then, from Home or Settings I do not see anything for "TV inputs" allowing me to add my local channels to "Live TV".

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home and select Live TV. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete setup.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Adding local broadcast channels on Roku Ultra

The instructions in your post say “Roku TV” but your title says “Roku Ultra”.  Do you have both?  In any case, the local channels will be accessed via your TV regardless of the type of TV.

If you have a Roku Ultra connected to a Roku TV, then you will still be using the TV to access these channels, so make sure you are not viewing the Roku Ultra input at that time.

0 Kudos
Goodnabor

This response applies to a ROKU TV, NOT to the ROKU Ultra, which does not have a coaxial input on the back.  My ROKU Ultra 4000x is faulty in that it does not retain my zip code when I try to enter it.  Maybe that is why I don't get local channels on my LIVE TV app.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Goodnabor

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce what you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jbbrady63

Is it possible to add local broadcast channels on Roku Ultra, other than just local news stations?

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

@jbbrady63 

Only if they have some app available on ROKU. If you are thinking there is some way to hook up an antenna and receive over the air broadcasts, it's impossible. No antenna input and no tuner in any ROKU steaming device.

0 Kudos
arthurk
Reel Rookie

Good morning!

I have a Roku Ultra and am able to get the broadcast channels using an antenna (indoor) attached to the back of the TV. Once the antenna is attached to the TV, I searched for broadcast channels (there are many) then deleted those I didn't want.

I switch to and from the TV to Roku using my remote. Using the source button at the top of my TV remote I can choose "TV" for the broadcast channels, or "HDMI" to then use the Roku remote.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos