Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maikama8

Adding a new channel entirely

Hello, I recently bought a new roku premiere and I tried installing a channel but I can't find the channel on the roku apps store, I wanted to know if there is a way to install my app without the roku store.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding a new channel entirely

@maikama8 

No.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
maikama8

If I contact Roku would they add the channel for me.

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

What is the channel and where are you located?

Not all channels are available in all countries, usually at the discretion of the channel owners.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Nearly all of the thousands of Roku channels are created by the content owner/providers, so the best thing to do is to contact them and tell them you wish they had a channel on Roku.

0 Kudos
maikama8

The channels name is Showmax it works like Netflix, my location is Nigeria and South Africa

0 Kudos
maikama8

Is there a Web url option I can just input the Web url and watch directly from there...

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@maikama8 

Let's start with the fact that Showmax doesn't even have an app for Roku. They built apps for Android and iOS. They have Android TV apps. The indication is an Apple TV app, but it mentions AirPlay, which often means you use an iOS device and then send to Apple TV via AirPlay (no actual Apple TV app).

They do not have an app for Amazon Fire TV.

They do not have an app for Roku.

We don't actually need to proceed any farther along, as this totally rules out Roku as a platform for that service.

By the way, if you were thinking Roku builds the apps for Roku, think again. Roku, Apple, Google, and Amazon do not build the apps for their platforms. In this instance, Showmax would need to build an app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos