Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coastalguy
Binge Watcher

Add the Amazon Kindle app

I would love to have the Amazon Kindle available as a channel, for the total convenience of reading my Amazon books on my 65" television. As there are a number of Amazon products already included, would it be possible to add the Kindle app also (if not already there which I missed somehow)?

As an aside, I am fed up with the Roku channel, starting to watch programming where down the road, it becomes a paid subscription. There should be a complete separation of free and paid programming, as a selection immediately upon entering the app. Not the sneaky setup there now is?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Add the Amazon Kindle app

@coastalguy-

Aside from The Roku Channel, Roku Media Player, and a few Roku information channels, Roku doesn't create the channel apps, the channel owners do.  For the most part, Roku just provides the platform on which the channel apps run.  

You could contact Amazon and request they develop a Kindle reader app for Roku, but I doubt they would be receptive.  It would not be a normal Roku app as it would have to read the book file from your computer or other device instead of just dealing with it as it is streamed in from their server like a normal video file.

Your best bet is probably to learn how to cast or mirror from whatever device you use to read your Kindle files to your Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos