Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThoMacy
Channel Surfer

Add GAC Family to available channels

I would like to see GAC Family added as a channel option. BTW - It's difficult finding the right platform to request adding a channel. Hope this is it.

Labels (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Add GAC Family to available channels

According to something I found on the internet, GAC is on Roku on: Philo, fuboTV, Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV and AT TV Now. 

But I suggest you double-check before subscribing to anything and there could be additional options,

If you want them to have their own Roku app (Roku doesn’t create these), then let them know.  This looks like a likely place to do that:

https://www.gacfamily.com/talk-to-us/

ThoMacy
Channel Surfer

Thanks. I just contacted them through the link you provided. I am fairly new to streaming and who provides what in terms of access, apps, ... (I remember test patterns) 🙂

How Can I Add this Channel to Roku Gac Family 

ThoMacy
Channel Surfer

Here's what I did:

• Deleted/canceled my ROKU Hallmark channel (to save $)
  • Created account on FRNDLY (has GAC Family AND a couple hallmark channels)
  • Added FRNDLY to my ROKU account

This gave me access to Hallmark, GAC Family, and more for the price I was paying for Hallmark. Before you delete a Hallmark channel on ROKU, make sure the ones included on FRNDLY are what you want.

rascal08

How can I get GAC on my Roku tv

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@rascal08 wrote:

How can I get GAC on my Roku tv

Subscribe to Frndly.TV ($7/month) and add the app to your Roku device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

summit2

How do I add GAC Family to my Roku Tv channels

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@summit2 wrote:

How do I add GAC Family to my Roku Tv channels

There isn't a standalone GAC Family app. As mentioned in the post directly above yours, it's available within the Frndly.TV service, which does have an app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Oldfield

Just signed up for the frndlytv 7 day free trial and unless I'm missing something, they don't offer GAC in their channel lineup guide. After searching movies did find a 2019 offering listed as from GAC, however. DirecTV offers GAC in their more expensive packages staring at $90 per month - full disclosure, they're offering $15 off for the first two months

0 Kudos