Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: AcornTV app not refreshing new content

Hi @Davidd72,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the required information we posted just above your post?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details to look closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nled129

Mary

It appears this problem started this week with the release of Episode 5 Season 9 of Brokenwood Mysteries on the Acorn TV channel. Acorn has been releasing a new episode each Monday. Prior to this week, in the 4 previous weeks, the new episode loaded without issue. The problem does not exist on my iMac or iPad; only when attempting to access Acorn via a Roku device. The problem, in my case, exists across all types of Roku devices including when embedded in a tv like TCL.  I am not aware of the problem existing on other shows or channels. 

Mainemama
Channel Surfer

It is the stand alone Acorn app that is the issue with the new episode of Brokenwood. 

Updated Acorn, Did the system update, Contacted Acorn (they said they'd pass it on to their techs),

Uninstalled the Acorn app...shut off the Roku TV...turned TV back on...reinstalled the Acorn app. Nothing fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
Auxance
Reel Rookie

I will list all that you need, I hope.

Model 3810CA

Serial YN001N454919

Device 263181454919

Sofware 11.5.0 BUILD 4312-50

trying to access Acorn through Roku

Acorn Version 4.11 Build 221020

Trying to get Brokenwood Series 9 Episode 5

ID 19-186-837

i am going through Acorn. Please note that I can get this Episode through the Acorn app on my IPad.

hope this helps and thanks for reaching out

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nled129 @Mainemama @Auxance,

Thanks for sharing your observation and providing additional information about the issue you are experiencing when playing specific content on Acorn TV.

Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support.

You can reach them here: Acorn TV Help Center

We will also forward your valuable feedback to the Roku team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
padowd

I am getting the same issue. It plays on my desk top computer but will not play on my big tv through Roku. It shows it is suppose to be there but it is not. I contacted Acorn yesterday and they said they were working on it but it still will not work.

0 Kudos
Auxance
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
Suelee000
Reel Rookie

Got an email from AcornTV saying it was fixed.  It didn't work until I  updated the system software and restarted the d the whole thing.  But now I can watch 5.  

Mainemama
Channel Surfer

Working here too! Let's hope we don't all go through this again next week! 👍

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Suelee000 @Mainemama,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to know it's working now and able to stream content on Acorn TV. Happy Streaming!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos