Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: AcornTV app not refreshing new content

Hi Roku Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the AcornTV and we would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Could you please verify if the issue you are running into is when you're accessing the content of AcornTV standalone or through The Roku channel?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Does this happen on all movies/shows on AcornTV or just specific titles?

Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Suelee000
Reel Rookie

1.  This is only on AcornTV apps.  My TCL Roku TV and Roku stick both have the same problem.  Acorn on Amazon Prime and Roku channel both work 

2.  The problem showed up last week with episode 4.  I was eventually able to get it to drop.

3.   So far the problem is just Brokenwood as far as I can tell 

4.  I think that it's just Acorn 

I got an email from them saying that they are working on it

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Suelee000

Thanks for your post. 

It seems that you have already contacted Acorn TV regarding this matter. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would be best able to assist you moving forward. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

Auxance
Reel Rookie

Same issue here with Brokenwood when we try it on tv. We can view it on the Acorn app off our IPad.

Wonder if there are more than just this series.

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. On Monday, I was finally able to get new episodes of Murdoch Mysteries and Dalgliesh but Brokenwood still has not come up. Was starting to give up.

0 Kudos
Jasper43

We are having the same problem with Brokenwood on the tv, and I can’t even get it in my iPad, even tho I updated the app. I reached out to Acorn also but got only an automatic reply so far. BTW, we are in Canada. Is it US also? 

RCFlyer51

Same issue with us.  Can't get Episode 5 to show up on the Acron app.  We streamed it on a phone and cast it to a TV last night.  Have gone through the various proposed solution with no success.

0 Kudos
Mainemama
Channel Surfer

I'm thinking they may just wait til Monday and put this weeks and the new episode together. 

My email back from Acorn customer service said they were "forwarding it on" 

Yeah...ok. 👌 Whatever....

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for sharing your observation.

In order to resolve the issue with Acorn TV, we'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. 

Please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Could you please verify if the issue you are running into is when you're accessing the content of AcornTV standalone or through The Roku channel?
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • a specific content title that you are seeing this issue occur with
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Davidd72

Same here

0 Kudos