Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbunch
Reel Rookie

Acorn tv will not work on Roku tv

I have the same issue with the Acorn TV app. I have both “Acorn TV on Roku” and the Acorn TV standalone app as a separate Channel in The Roku.  The standalone channel has never worked properly as it reboots on every streaming show I launch as well as does not respond to the controller pause or fwd/back commands 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Acorn tv will not work on roku tv.

Hi, @Jbunch,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with your Acorn TV app. We're happy to help. Please provide us with more details.

1. What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Stream Bar, Roku TV; specify TV)
  2. How are you powering your device?
  3. Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have the same problem.

We had been viewing Acorn through our Roku 2 device (Model 4210x) with few problems. Last year, we bought a new TV and needed to upgrade the Roku. We bought a Roku Ultra (Model 4802r) and hooked it up to the TV. It works fine--except for Acorn.

Acorn shows generally run for a few minutes and then go off. When we start it again, same result. However, Acorn comes in OK on the older Roku, which is now connected to a different TV. It's happened with various different programs.

I've tried the following, all without success:
  • I disconnected and rebooted the Roku. Same result.
  • I updated the Acorn software on the Roku. Same result.
  • I tried to delete and reinstall Acorn. I was not able to do this because when I clicked the * button, deletion was not one of the options.
  • I tried to watch Acorn through the Roku TV channel. Couldn't do that because we were getting Acorn through the regular menu.
Note that the Roku is hard-wired to the router with an ethernet cable, so there are no wi-fi problems. No problems with other streaming services.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Acornproblem,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about Acorn TV. We're pleased to assist.

Channels can be removed from your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ from within your channel lineup or from within the Roku Channel Store. Channels can also be removed when using the Roku mobile app on a compatible mobile device.

When you are ready to remove a channel, first determine if the channel has a subscription, and whether that subscription is billed to your Roku account.

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account
  3. Select Manage Your Subscriptions

If the channel you want to remove is listed on this page, the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device. 

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joyval

I have the same problem!  How do you use acorn tv on a roku?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Joyval,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a query regarding using Acorn TV on Roku. Could you tell us more about your concerns? Do you already have a subscription to Acorn TV? Does the subscription go directly to the channel provider or through Roku Pay? In addition, are you trying to access the channel through Standalone or The Roku Channel?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos