Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhmeyer2
Reel Rookie

Acorn "View All" doesn't work.

Jump to solution

When browsing the Acorn directory I sometimes hit the "View All" at the end of the row I get the error message "Please Check Your Internet connection and try again later". 2231-000000-000.  This only occurs when the number of shows is greater than about 50.  Otherwise it works fine?  Does anyone know a fix for this problem?  I know it's not my internet connection because its high speed cable and works fine.  It appears that there's insufficient memory or something in the Roku.  Would getting a new or updated unit help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Acorn "View All" doesn't work.

Jump to solution

@Rosiepoo71

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Acorn TV Support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rhmeyer2
Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Acorn or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Acorn and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
rhmeyer2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Hi Lianna, 

I tried disconnecting the Roku and reconnecting it.  I'm still having the same problem with Acorn.  Can't find any problems with the other channels. I also tried rebooting from the menu.  That too failed and the problem persists. I tried removing and reloading Acorn, but the problem persists. I suspect the problem may lie in how Acorn configures their menu or it may be a problem of insufficient memory in the Roku.  I don't know, but I can't seem to fix it.

Thanks,
Bob Meyer
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @rhmeyer2

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Please make sure to follow the clean install troubleshooting order (remove > restart > reinstall). Feel free to check my post above for step-by-step instructions. 

Keep us posted.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
rhmeyer2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You asked me to keep you posted regarding the resolution of this problem.  I was contacted by Acorn via email.  They asked that I provide them with all the same information I'd already provided you.  They also asked for screen shots showing the problem which I provided.  They said they'd hand the problem off to their technical department and contact me when they had a resolution.  I asked them to let me know if they are unable to resolve this issue.  So far I've not had any further communication with Acorn.

0 Kudos
Jax3

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. So annoying 

0 Kudos
rhmeyer2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey Jax3, what wifi are you using?  I'm using the wifi provided by my cable provider.  I'm wondering if that could be the problem. Insufficient memory in the wifi?

0 Kudos
ASGmax

Jump to solution

My experience exactly.

Acorn keep claiming they've solved, or closed my file.....which isn't factual.

My earlier Roku, had no issues like this.

I did go through a period when Acorn were utterly inept after an "update" !

I just think Acorn's not very invested in solving IT issues, even basic ones.

0 Kudos
Rosiepoo71

Jump to solution

I'm also experiencing this issue and I've tried all the suggested fixes and none have worked. What's the point of paying for a subscription that I can't fully use?! Oddly, when I had my trial, this issue didn't occur.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rosiepoo71

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Acorn TV Support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos