Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jules13
Reel Rookie

Acorn TV suddenly stopped working on Roku Streaming Stick +

Jump to solution

I am very disappointed. Acorn TV stopped working on my TV a few days ago. I view it via a Roku Streaming+ stick. It was working fine with no problems ... and then it just stopped working!  BTW-Acorn TV works fine if I access via my laptop.

I have tried all of the below to get it working again:-

- I have removed and then reinstalled the Acorn TV channel (numerous times).

- I have reset my router (numerous times).

- I have unplugged the Roku stick and the plug and waited 10 minutes and then reconnected (numerous times).

Over the last week I have tried all the above and in different combinations. What a waste of time and very frustrating. 

I am also getting these error codes:

- ERROR Access to this resource is forbidden by access policy 2019-403000-000

- ERROR Please check you internet connection and try again later 2900-000000-000

Is there anything anybody can suggest to get it working again?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Acorn TV suddenly stopped working on Roku Streaming Stick +

Jump to solution

@Jules13 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure you are restarting your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Acorn TV support directly to inquire further regarding that channel's specific error codes. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jules13 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure you are restarting your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Acorn TV support directly to inquire further regarding that channel's specific error codes. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GardenGal45
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There is no "direct contact for Acorn," as suggested, only FAQ and useless stuff!

0 Kudos
Rixgal

Jump to solution

Am having the same issue. Acorn suddenly stopped working and tells me to log 🪵 b using my Roku account but will not recognize it. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

When entering into the app, and it says to sign in with your Roku account, you have two options listed below your email address on that screen. "Continue" or "Use different email address".  Even if you are going to use the same email address, go ahead & select USE DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS. 

After you select that, retype your email address, go next, type in your password, and continue on. I've noticed this to be a workaround with the issue when you can't get signed in. 

0 Kudos
Unsolved
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The "solution" here is not a solution. I got the "Access to this resource is forbidden by access policy 2019-403000-000" code. I use a VPN, and I figured out that was the problem when I tried to view something on my laptop. The error code there involved a geolocation. I changed my VPN to another server and was able to watch on Roku again.

0 Kudos