Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jfra
Level 8

Acorn TV app not working, not able to login, receive error.

I am unable to log into my Acorn Tv App using my Roku. I have a subscription directly through Acorn.  I have contacted acorn to let them know that I am able to watch using my iPad, computer, but not using the Roku on my televisions. Each time I try to login it tells me there’s an error and there’s an issue with my Internet connection. There is no issue with my Internet connection, I stream on my Roku‘s all the time. I just have an issue with the acorn app. Today I tried clicking on the subscribe using the acorn app just to see what would happen, again I got an error saying something about my Internet connection. So then I tried the browse and the same thing happened. So acorn has been notified of these issue but it’s very frustrating not being able to watch on a larger screen.  

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Acorn TV app not working, not able to login, receive error.

Hi @Jfra

Thanks for the details.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jfra
Level 8

Thanks, but that did not work.  I'm almost certain I've tried that before.  I also just did a "forgot Password" again and I still get the Error (Please check your internet connection and try again later. 1234-092000-000.

Same thing happens when I go into Subscribe, except that error code is 2427-092000-000.  Says check your internet connection and try again.  

My internet connection is fine.  I have one TV direct wired and that's the one I originally noticed it on.  I have no problem using any other format but the app doesn't want to work on the Roku.  

Thanks again.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jfra

I apologize for the delay in response.

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on Acorn, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Acorn to report the issue and get help. 

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
penneyeric
Level 7

worked with a nice lady named Kaye, she got it fixed! it is not a developer problem it is on the Roku end.

Jfra
Level 8

Just curious how she helped you fix the problem.  I finally just gave up on using Acorn on my Roku.  

0 Kudos

I would also be interested in knowing how you resolved the issue as I'm struggling with the same error and getting nowhere with support.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @purplecrayons71

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue only occur on Acorn TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please let us know as well the error code or message you're receiving. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

It is only happening within the Acorn app. It started a few weeks ago. I'm able to stream everything just fine, but when I go to search for programs under the "All Shows" heading and click the "View All"  link, it goes to a black loading screen for 15 seconds then an error message pops up: "Please check your internet connection and try again later." 2231-000000-000. I have tried logging out and back in again, also uninstalling/reinstalling the app, but nothing has changed. I checked for updates on the app yesterday and I have the newest version. 

RokuLianna
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi  @purplecrayons71

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on Acorn, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Acorn TV to report the issue and get help. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos