Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrBoom
Reel Rookie

AV audio not working on Sharp Roku TV

I have a Sharp Roku TV I've owned for several years. I have it connected to a sound bar via optical cable and don't have any audio issues when streaming or gaming. The issue I'm having is with my record player.

I have my record player connected to the AV in on the TV to use the sound bar, as the sound bar only has the optical input. I never had issues with this until recently. In the last couple months, I no longer get sound through the AV source on the TV. I can plug headphones into the record player via the AV cables and get sound that way. Tried replacing the cables, in case it was a bad cable. Still not having any luck.

Is there a setting I'm missing in the Roku TV itself to allow audio from the AV source, even though there's no visual component?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: AV audio not working on Sharp Roku TV

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @DrBoom!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out to us for support about the audio concerns you are currently experiencing and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, we'd like to gather further information from you so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution:

• Did you have this setup before without experiencing any problems? 
  • Can you please let us know what model is your soundbar? 
  • Have you tried this set up to your other TV (TCL Roku TV)? If so, does the issue persists?

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrBoom
Reel Rookie

Re: AV audio not working on Sharp Roku TV

Hi Carly!

To answer your questions:

• Yes, I've used this set up for about 4 years without an issue until recently.
  • The soundbar is a LG SL4Y.
  • The TCL Roku TV tied to my account is in another house, so I have not tried this setup with that TV.

Thanks!

0 Kudos