Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJ6774
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC+ "Continue Watching" Option?

I am aware that's how it SHOULD work. Guess I should rephrase. There is no continue watching when I stop in the middle of an episode and go back later. Nor is there a way to see what episodes I have finished when I have to go search for where I was in the seasons. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JJ6774,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We acknowledge your inquiry about the "Continue Watching" option with AMC+. This is a feature and functionality provided by the channel provider. You can reach out to ACM+ directly and inquire further for more information regarding this. Most channels on the Roku platform are designed and developed by the channel providers themselves.

if there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, please let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amjxt9

@edroksense I see what you are saying but this issue occurs even if you haven't finished the series/season. For instance I have watched maybe 4 episodes of **bleep** on Wheels and it was tracking for the first two, but now all record of me watching it has disappeared from my account.

0 Kudos
Dave1x

Scroll down from the home page. Below the featured and other titles on offer, you should see the series you were watching, with the continue watching option. Just scroll down slowly. It should be on your left.

0 Kudos
Jgo1961

No. I have the same problem. Even if I finish an episode it does not register that I've watched it. It cues up season 1, episode 1 no matter how many episodes I have watched. I have to scroll through the list of episodes and figure out where I left off. Very annoying. Specific to Roku for me.

0 Kudos
Jgo1961

In fact, as soon as I finish an episode of any series, it cues up season 1, episode 1 to watch next.

0 Kudos
Jgo1961

Scrolling down and selecting "continue watching" takes me to season 1, episode 1, top of the show.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @Jgo1961!

Thanks for raising your playback issue within the AMC+ app. 

Since this is an isolated case involving the AMC+ app exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Customer Support team for further assistance and clarification. Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel providers themselves. 

Aside from this, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with or create a new thread for different concerns.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Irony58
Streaming Star

I contacted AMC+ Support, but just received back a generic:

Thank you for contacting AMC+ customer support!
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your feedback. AMC+ takes all viewer comments seriously. We will pass these along for further consideration. 
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.

It's basically the online version of "Your call is important to us"...

Maybe if more dissatisfied users of AMC+ submitted feedback, they might have real interest? Also, after I got that response, I got a survey request. So if anyone here gets a similar reply from AMC+, I suggest filling that survey with your dissatisfaction, too.

0 Kudos