Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kw22614
Reel Rookie

AMC channel won't load fully and bumps me back to home screen on streaming stick+ model 3810x

I have 4 Roku devices. 2 are the same model (3810x) bought and started use same date. 1 works fine, the other has the problem. The other 2 devices work fine as well.

Problem seems only with trying to launch AMC channel. The splash page loads but within a few seconds I'm bumped back out the the home screen.

Problem started maybe 5 or 6 days ago. I contacted Roku support and worked with the same tech over a few days doing the basic repairs - nothing worked. Tech finally told me problem was my ISP. ISP said no - 3 of my devices are fine. The 1 not working has to be Roku or individual device caused - makes perfect sense to me. Recontacted Roku tech with ISP's finding, and got an email back wanting to connect me by phone to an advanced tech. I will set up and see what this new tech says. 

When I googled my problem I found large, widespread complaints of the exact same dilemma with many repair options(none of which worked for me). Funny that I couldn't find any prior complaints or cries of help for this specific problem anywhere on Roku's site.

I'm sure someone has had this same problem and somehow fixed it. What did you do?? Please help.....

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: AMC channel won't load fully and bumps me back to home screen on streaming stick+ model 3810x

Hi @kw22614,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're so sorry to hear about the playback issue you are experiencing with the AMC channel.

We can see that you’ve contacted our Support team regarding your channel issue. Please be noted that our Support team responded via email recently. Please check your email and let our Support team, if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working diligently to attend to your concern as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
psco5150
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC channel won't load fully and bumps me back to home screen on streaming stick+ model 3810x

Was there any update to this issue you posted? I am having the same problem with BritBox right after the software update 

0 Kudos
kw22614
Reel Rookie

Little background; 

I have 4 Rokus. Only 1 with problem. They kept telling me it was a problem with the channel. But the other 3 devices were fine - so it couldn't be the channel. Final determination was this was a faulty device. Roku carries I think just a 1 year warranty. Mine was maybe near 10 yrs old. Roku was very kind as they had me send in my faulty device, when received they sent me a brand new 4k stick. The new stick works ok, though had the same problem again only with freevee channel. I just removed freevee and all the rest seems to work fine.  

Sometimes if you unplug the Roku for a few days, when you plug it back in some problems are gone.

Good luck...

0 Kudos