Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinballtom
Reel Rookie

AMC+ Log in issues on some Roku devices

I signed up for AMC+ directly from AMC.com, started with a 7 day free trial, then automatically switched to monthly subscription thru AMC.com.  Everything working as it should during trial period.  After 7 days my credit card is charged for monthly sub as expected but unfortunately after the 7 day trial ended, was unable to log onto AMC+ app on various Roku devices.  I am able to access AMC+ on my windows laptop, also able to access AMC+ on my smart phone and on my TV with Google TV Chromecast dongle and also access AMC+ thru my Philips Roku TV with RokuOS.

Also  I am able to access AMC+ on one TV using a Roku Streaming Stick, but I have 4 other TVs with other Roku devices where I can not access or log in to AMC+, Two are Roku Express devices, plus one is a Roku Streambar and another is a different TV with another Roku Streaming Stick 4K.

I tried updating the latest Roku software and also checking for and updating the latest AMC+ app software; removing AMC+ app from roku devices in question then reinstalling, and resetting Roku devices and all combo of the above, including changing my associated log-in ID and passwords for AMC+.  But still no luck in accessing AMC+ for those 4 roku devices, getting unauthorized request message. Contacted AMC+ support directly with no success, they basically tried resetting my AMC+ password, which had no effect for those 4 Roku devices.

I have also noted that, randomly on occasion the location of the AMC+ app in my Roku channel/app grid often times moves from where I have moved it to on the channel grid, (near the top 2-3 lines), it moves back to the bottom of the grid, when I turn off the Roku device & TV and then later turn TV with Roku device back on. This happens even on the one Roku Streaming stick where I can access AMC+.

Any advice would be helpful.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: AMC+ Log in issues on some Roku devices

Hi @pinballtom,

Thanks for sharing your concern about your AMC+ subscription here in the Roku Community!

If you are already in touch with the AMC+ customer support team, we recommend continuing to work with them, as they would best assist you moving forward. Also, AMC+ allows users up to five simultaneous streams per account.

Please be advised that channel logins and authentications are handled directly by the channel developer. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pinballtom
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC+ Log in issues on some Roku devices

But can you possibly explain why the AMC+ App moves from where i move it to on the Roku channel/app (Home) grid and at times randomly drops down to  a new position at the bottom of (home app)  grid at times.???

I am still not able to Access AMC+ on the 4 Roku devices in question, despite successful logging in to AMC+ on the two other Roku devices.

I am going to try creating another new separate ROKU Account using a different email and password for  my new Roku account and then try installing AMC+ app to that new Roku Account for those problematic Roku devices, to see if that solves the problem.

I may have to reset/reboot to factory default on those problematic Roku devices and clear out all the apps I installed, prior to re-formatting and re-initiating the Roku devices using the new Roku email account & PW. Then installing all my desired channel apps, including AMC+.

What do you think?

thanks and cheers Tom

0 Kudos