Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmgood
Reel Rookie

AFTER TV TURNS ON SPLASH PAGE FROZEN

Jump to solution

My remote, a rechargeable type, turns on the tv just fine and I have the splash page. 
Then I cannot move past the splash page. It just sits there.  So the remote works at least up to that point but since the system does not move forward, I cannot access modules system, setup etc to get more info.

is this a remote issue, system issue, or what?

In other posts I see for remote issues you need model and serial numbers. My remote does not show a model number, has no batteries so no internal access that I can see, and the packaging is long gone. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: AFTER TV TURNS ON SPLASH PAGE FROZEN

Jump to solution

@Dmgood, sorry, I have to recant my "it's definitely not the remote" statement.  That "splash" screen is the screensaver.  I thought you were referring to the initial startup screen that appears before the Home Screen appears.  Pressing a button on the remote should dismiss the screensaver.

Your remote, which has to be paired to the Roku device (it would be very helpful to know the model number of the device that's written on it somewhere), may have lost its pairing.  Disconnect the power to the Roku device, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote until the light on the remote starts flashing, and then connect the power to the Roku device.  It should start with the startup animation and then give you notice that it's pairing with the remote.

For more information about pairing your remote:

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is this a Roku TV or a TV connected to a Roku player?  What splash screen are you seeing?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Dmgood, it's definitely not a remote problem and for the record any time Roku asks for a serial number and model number they want the serial number and model number of the Roku device.  They have no interest in the serial number or model number of the remote.

Assuming it's a Roku device connected to a TV the first thing to rule out is a power supply problem.  If it uses a USB cable for power and you're not using a USB power adapter plugged into the wall that's the first thing to try.

As @Strega2 asked, more information would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Dmgood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not a Roku tv. 
The splash page is the first page I see after I turn on. There is no text, only horizontal scrolling on a blue/purple background. I think the graphics are buildings. Definitely an intro page with no useful purpose. The next step is to click with the remote which should launch the Home Screen with menu and channel options. 

0 Kudos
Dmgood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It came with and uses a switching adapter which I have plugged into a surge protector strip. 

Do I need to buy a new device?  If so, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Dmgood, sorry, I have to recant my "it's definitely not the remote" statement.  That "splash" screen is the screensaver.  I thought you were referring to the initial startup screen that appears before the Home Screen appears.  Pressing a button on the remote should dismiss the screensaver.

Your remote, which has to be paired to the Roku device (it would be very helpful to know the model number of the device that's written on it somewhere), may have lost its pairing.  Disconnect the power to the Roku device, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote until the light on the remote starts flashing, and then connect the power to the Roku device.  It should start with the startup animation and then give you notice that it's pairing with the remote.

For more information about pairing your remote:

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Dmgood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! Everything works.
I followed your directions but had no success with my rechargeable remote. However when I did the re-pairing with my battery operated remote the solution worked. 
FYI the device is a 3810X

0 Kudos