Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toonbon
Level 9

A&E asking for my TV Provider?

Jump to solution

When I select the A&E channel from the Roku Home page it tells me to to to aetv.com/activate and enter the device code  they show.  But at aetv.com they ask for my TV Provider and I don't know what to put in.  I get the internet from a local company, Ayera, who broadcasts it into my trailer park from an antenna they put up on a local roof.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Access to A&E Content. Asked for TV Provider" which I don't know.

Jump to solution

@toonbon- you probably don't have a "tv provider" with that setup.  A "tv provider" is typically a cable or satellite service which carries that channel.

Cable-type channels want to be paid. When you have a paid subscription to a "tv provider service" that carries these channels, the channel operators receive their pay out of the subscription fees you pay that provider. When you don't have a subscription to such a provider you are not paying for those channels.

Many cable-type channels, like A&E, have "TV Anywhere" streaming apps that can be installed on streaming devices like Roku which will grant you access if you can log in with credentials from a TV provider as indicated above.

There are also several paid streaming services you can subscribe to and view on Roku that carry cable-type channels, such as Fubo, Sling, Hulu + Live TV, YouYube TV, AT&T TV, etc.

There are several places on the net where you can look up which streaming services carry a particular channel of interest. Here are a couple such pages:
https://thestreamable.com/channels
https://www.groundedreason.com/cord-cutting/tv-streaming/how-to-stream-by-channel/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@toonbon- you probably don't have a "tv provider" with that setup.  A "tv provider" is typically a cable or satellite service which carries that channel.

Cable-type channels want to be paid. When you have a paid subscription to a "tv provider service" that carries these channels, the channel operators receive their pay out of the subscription fees you pay that provider. When you don't have a subscription to such a provider you are not paying for those channels.

Many cable-type channels, like A&E, have "TV Anywhere" streaming apps that can be installed on streaming devices like Roku which will grant you access if you can log in with credentials from a TV provider as indicated above.

There are also several paid streaming services you can subscribe to and view on Roku that carry cable-type channels, such as Fubo, Sling, Hulu + Live TV, YouYube TV, AT&T TV, etc.

There are several places on the net where you can look up which streaming services carry a particular channel of interest. Here are a couple such pages:
https://thestreamable.com/channels
https://www.groundedreason.com/cord-cutting/tv-streaming/how-to-stream-by-channel/

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@toonbon 

@makaiguy is correct. He did leave out Philo as an option. They carry A&E and are cheaper than the rest.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos