Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2 Roku's But Different Content

@Joep2 

Looks like the Roku HD 3932RD  was carried by Home Depot and Lowes.  I had seen the 3932 HD mentioned a few other times in the forum.

From their FCC filing https://fccid.io/TC2-R1027, also appears that the 3932 model is only 2.4ghz capable, so the Lowes spec description of dual band (2.4/5ghz) capability appears incorrect.

Basically, it is a Roku Express 393x model.  It is a HD model (up to 1080p) and comes with a Simple Remote (no TV controls or Voice Search).

The current Roku Express model (3960) added the dual band capability.

The Roku support article for the 3932HD setup is located here.  https://support.roku.com/article/360033553154#!

-----

As you said, can't really go wrong for $20 for a basic player.  The 3900 and 3930 models are not the greatest of models, but priced right for an extra device.  As for the 2.4ghz capability limitation, I still use my Premiere+ (3921) without issue.

Can also check out to see if you have any upgrade offers from Roku in your account either through your device (Home Screen - My Offers), or going to your online Roku account dashboard at https://my.roku.com and look under "Upgrades". https://my.roku.com/upgrade/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Joep2
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the information AvsGunnar!

I got the device, completed the activation and setup and now it is in a loop at the bouncing ROKU letters.  I powered it down and reconnected but it is still in a loop.  Any ideas?

Joe P

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Joep2 

Try using a power adapter at the wall if you are currently using the TV USB power port.  Can use a cell phone charging adapter (5volt, 1amp) if the device did not come with one.

0 Kudos
Joep2
Channel Surfer

I do have it plugged into a wall adapter.  I did a pinhole reset and went back thru the setup and activation. It did find the Network, checked for Software Updates, then proceed to install the channels.  Then it would reboot to the bouncing ROKU letters and its been there ever since.  twice.

Joe P

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Joep2 

Do you have a mobile hotspot that you can try connecting it to?

----

There were some issues with these 393x models when released.  Roku released a SE version to Walmart for a Black Friday deal a couple of years ago.  Some worked, some didn't.  Usually a return and getting a new one solved the issue.

Usually, getting stuck in the boot mode is a either a power issue or a TV setting issue (device having an issue with detecting the display setting).  Can you try this device on your other TV and see if it can get past the boot?

If you can get past the boot process on the other TV, try going into the Settings/Display and manually set the Display to 720p. (do not use autodetect).  Then take the device back to the other TV and see if it now works.  

Alternatively, Factory Reset the device again and manually select the 720p setting during setup.  Do not use Autodetect.

0 Kudos
Joep2
Channel Surfer

I changed the wall adapter and it booted up!!  Both adapters had the same specs but it just didn't like that one I took from my cell phone!

Now that it is up I was expected to see the same Home page and list of subscribed channels as the Roku TV but the content is different.  Should it be identical since it is the same account?

Many thanks,

Joe P

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

As @Strega and @makaiguy indicated, depending on the channels/apps you have, some may/may not be available to certain device models. (the channel developer may limit availability due to hardware specs or other reasons)

If you are missing some from the 3932, then you can always go to the website of the channel/app to look at their list of supported devices, (or post them here and we can check).

The 393x models are a little older (2019 models) so may be a contributing factor.  Also, Roku recently released OS 12.0 so you may need to check to see if your 3932 was updated to 12.0 during the setup/activation. Look under Settings/System/About for OS build.  

If you perform a Search for any missing channels/apps (using Search feature from the Roku Home Screen), and it fails to produce a Search result for that channel/app, usually an indicator that the particular channel/app is unavailable for that device model.

0 Kudos
Joep2
Channel Surfer

FINALLY!  One more reboot and all is well and both ROKU device are identical.

Many thanks you and all that have contributed.

Joe P

makaiguy

Note that, if linked to the same Roku account, each unit should install all of the channels attached to the account which will run on that unit.  The ORDER in which they are shown on the unit's home page channel grid may be quite different, however.

A channel's position in the grid can be changed.

• Highlight the channel in the grid.
  • Press the * (options) key on the remote.
  • Click on Move.
  • Use the cursor keys to move the channel to your desired location.
  • Press OK on the remote to lovk in the channel's position.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos