Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dnissen
Reel Rookie

1990 to 1996 This Old House episodes

Hi, I just signed up for the Premium This Old House account just so I could see the show's episodes of 1990 to 1996.  However I am finding that the drop down menu of available shows are only for years 1-5 and then jumps to 35+. Not sure why Ruku is skipping 6-34 which would include the years I want. Can anyone explain why these shows are not available? Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 1990 to 1996 This Old House episodes

@Dnissen 

Roku recently purchased the rights to This Old House so it may be similar to the process when they acquired Quibi (now known as Roku Originals).  They initially released some Originals and then released a lot more over the next few months.  Could be that they chose to release only some This Old House Episodes (these 18 seasons) and will add more to their library for release at a later date.

This Old House is also available on the Roku Channel under LiveTV 456 channel as well as under This Old House Zone so you may find some of the missing seasons streaming there also.  

This Old House has another Channel that you can find from Roku's Home Page through Streaming Channels Search. (This Old House).  If you sign up as an Insider, then gives you access to all their episodes.  I am not sure how this is going to work now that Roku has acquired the rights to the show though.  https://www.thisoldhouse.com/insider

If you go to the Roku Channel online, seems to show a lot more information what is included in the Roku Premium This Old House Subscription. 

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/browse/w.4ey1WGyz8lC7lZxevY7GCqNe6P5o9kiaBk4yqyo4S8MYbd3LjrCMW7LDZx2...

The two links here explain the acquisition of This Old House by Roku.   https://www.roku.com/blog/this-old-house and  https://deadline.com/2021/03/roku-acquires-rights-to-this-old-house-business-streaming-1234718294/

The updated Roku Blog post here (Sept. 2021) indicates this is just the beginning and more is to come regarding This Old House on Roku.  Also explains what is included in Roku Premium Subscription.

https://www.roku.com/blog/more-this-old-house-on-the-roku-channel

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
KneadToKnow
Channel Surfer

It has been a year since this thread was started, and it doesn't seem that the situation has changed at all. I'm wondering if there has been any updated information on when the missing seasons of TOH will be available for Premium subscribers.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KneadToKnow

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you experiencing this issue with? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KneadToKnow
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

I am a This Old House Premium subscriber and that is the channel in question. I subscribed (and foolishly paid for a year) on the promise made in the above post that "his is just the beginning and more is to come" for Premium subscribers, but there has been no movement on filling in the missing seasons (6-38, if I remember correctly) in over a year now.

I want to know if this will change and if so when so I can decide whether to renew my Premium subscription.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KneadToKnow

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and content, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dnissen
Reel Rookie

I cannot understand why Roku cannot answer my question. I let my This Old House Premium account expire because I found that TOH episodes from 1990 to 1996 were NOT available for viewing. Since this Premium service is offered by Roku I would expect it to know why. I am happy to renew my Premium account if there was a way to see these episodes. Is there a reason why these are unavailable?

0 Kudos
KneadToKnow
Channel Surfer

@Dnissen I concur fully!

@RokuDanny-R Please advise how to "contact the channel provider support directly," since Roku itself owns this material as noted upthread.

0 Kudos