Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotty05_
Reel Rookie

how to watch fox news live/full episodes?

I can watch latest highlights of fox news shows, but im trying too unlock the ''full episodes'' , as well watching fox live. roku tells me i need to enter a given code somewhere, but i can't figure out where exactly. Do i go to dish? or foxnews.com? I already have fox through dish service. if any of this sounds familiar , please help me out. thanks.

And i am useing the little set-table-top devices.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: how to watch fox news live/full episodes?

Hey @scotty05_

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Fox News' customer support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Many channels require a subscription to view live TV or full episodes. Your subscription through Dish should be sufficient to access the full content. I don't subscribe to any TV service, so I can't say how you log into the channel. As @RokuKariza-D mentioned, each channel is provided by their own developer, and each will have different methods of authenticating to their service. Fox will be the best source of information on how to do that.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
scotty05_
Reel Rookie

thanks Dan. ill just have to do that. appreciate your response.

0 Kudos
scotty05_
Reel Rookie

ThANKS Kariza. i will probaBLY just resort to contacting Fox themselves. its prob ' what i shoud've done. thank you appreciate your input.

0 Kudos
CarolAnnB

I want to be able to watch Fox News as well. As of now the only cable I have is uVerse Basic, local channels only. I have not been able to get through to Fox News. They advertise all the ways to watch but not able to get info from them

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@CarolAnnB wrote:

I want to be able to watch Fox News as well. As of now the only cable I have is uVerse Basic, local channels only. 

If you don't subscribe to Fox News through a TV provider, there's no way to watch it online, period. Their channel on Roku devices specifically states it's for US users only, and a TV provider is required. If you only get local channels, your TV provider credentials will not provide you access to Fox News on a Roku. Based on what their web page shows, you need TV Provider credentials for any method of online access, including using a web browser. I went to their online streaming page, and it asked me to select my TV Provider. uVerse wasn't even listed, so my guess is Fox News isn't even available on your system.

This is right at the top of their streaming info page (emphasis mine):

Watch FOX News Channel and FOX Business Network 24/7 live from your desktop, tablet and smart phone. Enjoy whenever and wherever you go, and it’s all included in your TV subscription.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.