Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emjay2
Level 7

cannot get to any channels - all show as "loading"

Last night my Roku decided to no longer open/load the app's. Did a hard reboot of the devise from settings. Confirmed internet connection - excellent. When I click on each channel it says "loading" but never connects and just stays on that screen. Appreciate any other recommendations?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10\
Bbeau
Level 7

Re: cannot get to any channels - all show as "loading"

@Emjay2 wrote:

Last night my Roku decided to no longer open/load the app's. Did a hard reboot of the devise from settings. Confirmed internet connection - excellent. When I click on each channel it says "loading" but never connects and just stays on that screen. Appreciate any other recommendations?

Having the same problem. Hopefully someone has an answer. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Emjay2 @Bbeau 

What Roku device do you have? Settings > System > About

Include the model number and Roku software version.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Emjay2
Level 7

Model4800X Roku Ultra

software:  10.5.0 build 4174-c2

the other Roku in the house (a very old one is still working but the new ULTRA is not). 

GGeis
Level 7

Same issues Roku Ultra. Shows a software update at 4 pm mtn and has not worked since then. The Old Roku device works great.

"Last night my Roku decided to no longer open/load the app's. Did a hard reboot of the devise from settings. Confirmed internet connection - excellent. When I click on each channel it says "loading" but never connects and just stays on that screen. Appreciate any other recommendations?"

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Emjay2 @GGeis 

As I don't yet have 10.5, I'm not going to be much help apart from the standard suggestions of remove the app, reboot the Roku, reinstall the app (in that order). Others with 10.5 may be able to help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-are you seeing any messages on screen aside from stuck on "loading"? if so, can you provide a screenshot?

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rangerrick
Level 7

utlra connecting but channels not operational

Had problem with Ultra. On October 11, 2021, all channels became non operational even though internet connection was good. Today 10/18/21 updated system software to 10.5.0 Build 4187, after new system software downloaded and reset the Ultra, I checked system update again, and channels updated. Now the system is working again.

0 Kudos
miadlor
Level 7

Latest 4187 No Video Streaming

After updating, no apps will stream video.

Updating 4187 a second time fixes issue.

Confirmed on 2 different 4k+ models.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Latest 4187 No Video Streaming

@miadlor 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue that you were seeing? Was there an error message on screen? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos