Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube TV app won't open anymore

Jump to solution

Hi @alariegibbs

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

The regular Youtube app, is it crashing back to the home screen when you try to launch it? Have you tried removing the regular YouTube channel then re-install it? If not, we recommend giving it a shot. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We suggest doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RaulTJ

No puedo abrir youtube en mi Roku TV TCL

Jump to solution

intento abrir YouTube y me regresa a la pantalla de inicio, ya lo desinstale, reinicio el sistema y volví a instalar YouTube y nada.

0 Kudos
heidiusa

Re: YouTube TV app won't open anymore

Jump to solution

I manually checked for system update. It is up to date.  As of last night, YouTube app will NOT load. I removed the app and readded it as well and still it will not work.  Upon selection, it will go to "YouTube loading" then returns to home screen.  This is happening on all Roku TV's in my possession. It's widespread. 

0 Kudos

YouTube TV App not working

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
tawitt
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku does not support youtube

Jump to solution

@lg1222 In software versioning, 2.2 is not equivalent to 2.20.  They aren't real decimal numbers.  That is a major and a minor number.  It is clear in the context of this conversation what you meant, but in future it might not be so obvious.  It also could have been a typo.  I am trying to be helpful, not trying to be "that guy"

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube TV App not working

Jump to solution

Youtube tv  working perfectly well on all my roku including three roku tv's. And on all my roku soundbars too. Restarting your roku? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV - needs software update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has bene resolved. We would recommend checking manually for a software update on your Roku TV.

Instructions to manually check for a software update:

1. Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.
  6. Restart your Roku TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV - needs software update

Jump to solution

Looks like the App is now working again. Please disregard.

0 Kudos
Angbanna

Cannot load youtube on 21 Sept 2021

Jump to solution

I tried up dating system, factory reset, reset system, removing and reloading youtube app, turn tv on and off  nothing worked.  Every time I press play on YouTube app it brings me back to "Home".  Then I read a post about Roku's licensing issues with Google and how it can temporarily cause failure to launch youtube on Roku.  So I went to sleep and in the morning, I was able to view YouTube again! 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV: YouTube channel crashes back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Hello @RalyDee

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We believe that this issue has been resolved. Please run a software update on your Roku TV. Feel free to follow the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.
  6. Restart your Roku TV.

Keep us posted if the issue persists.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos