Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIKRSS1

Re: Can't get YouTube is it off or down?

Jump to solution

I also have the TCL Roku TV.  I checked for the updates for both the TV and YouTube and it still won't load. It was working fine on Sunday. Anytime Roku support wants to chime in, it'll be fine by me.

0 Kudos
Pmrwynn1

Re: Trouble with YouTube App on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Me too. Same thing. Can't open youtube either

0 Kudos
Pmrwynn1

Re: Apps constantly crash or close out on their own

Jump to solution

So far mine is only youtube tv & youtube. 

0 Kudos
Theebrooke

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

Did not work. I tried system restarting, roku system update, YouTube app update. Even tried uninstalling the YouTube app, restarting roku, reinstalling. It brings up the YouTube icon and then goes back to the home screen. I tried it on another tv that just has a roku plugged in (not a roku tv) and the app works on there. So frustrated. Literally just signed up for YouTube tv 3 days ago and now I can’t use it. This is absolutely ridiculous roku. And my kids watch YouTube videos every morning which is now not working. 

roku tv: 5313x

lg model: 55LF5700-UA

software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-23

0 Kudos
wysetalk

Jump to solution

I’ve tried everything suggested in this thread. I have a Sharp Roku TV 5216X. I’ve even deleted almost every app, with the exception of HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Netflix and Pandora, thinking it a memory issue since it’s around 5 years old. Nothing works. Beyond frustrated. If this is due to another negotiating issue between Roku and YouTube, I’ll get rid of my Roku TV’s. Roku better get this fixed. 

Lexiecook987
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube not working at all

Jump to solution

I have the 2.20 version

0 Kudos
Lexiecook987
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did all of that and still not working. 

0 Kudos
wysetalk

Jump to solution

Last night YouTube worked. This morning it doesn’t. I’ve tried everything suggested in this thread and another from June that’s marked “Resolved”. Nothing works. I have a Sharp Roku TV 5216X. I’ve even deleted almost every app, with the exception of HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Netflix and Pandora, thinking it a memory issue since it’s around 5 years old. Beyond frustrated. If this is due to the negotiation issue between Roku and YouTube, I’ll be very disappointed in Roku.  I find the timing interesting since the new fall season shows are starting. I certainly hope Roku isn’t trying to force people to choose. I don’t care for those types of business tactics and will get rid of my Roku TV’s if that’s the case. Roku better get this fixed. 

0 Kudos
alariegibbs
Reel Rookie

YouTube TV app won't open anymore

Jump to solution

I have had YouTube TV app on my roku tv for about 6 months now.  I know that Roku pulled Youtube TV or something but it was supposed to continue to work if you already had the app.  I tried a system update and nothing worked.  I could not get the regulars Youtube app to work either. How can I get YouTube TV app to play on my roku tv.  It was working perfectly last night and this morning that app won't open.  

Jennilee27

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue.  Not sure why the third time was a charm, but I followed the removal of Youtube, then went to settings to check updates, then went back to home screen, then unplugged my Roku TV.  When it came back up I added Youtube again,  It made some weird noises, but it is back up.  We will see how long it lasts.

0 Kudos