Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I was able to get mine working by performing a factory reset. I tried everything else as well. Can't be a Google issue if factory reset fixes the issue. It even reinstalls the same version of YouTube that didn't previously work. Odd right?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Jrod3 

Its not a Google (YT/YTTV) issue per se, though the increasing size of their apps (when updated) does tend to trigger the source of the problem:  poor memory management in RokuOS.

BTW, what is your OS version?  Settings/System/About

0 Kudos
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Model 3700X - Roku Express 

10.0.0 • build 4209-28

0 Kudos
KristaM13

Jump to solution

I have manually checked updates on my Roku TV and the YouTube app, restored the default theme, reset my network connection (forcing a restart), and unplugged the power source from the tv for 5 minutes, removed and reinstalled the app. Nothing has worked and YouTube is still not loading. Just flashes and returns to the Home Screen. 

I have a Sharp Roku TV 5318X.

Please get this issue fixed soon!

0 Kudos
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Have you tried the factory reset yet? It's a slight inconvenience reenter your passwords and all but I was having the same issue and tried everything suggested and only a factory reset fixed it. I'm curious whether or not it works for other systems as well.

0 Kudos
alanfog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Using TCL based Roku TV. YouTube TV is no longer available as a channel. In channel search, only YouTube, not YouTube TV shows up. 

System update says last update as in July and no current updates are available. I reset the TV and double checked. Still no update available. Still no YouTube TV app available for download. 

Any other tips? Nothing suggested in this thread seems to be working 

Thanks for any help you can give!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@alanfog YouTube TV is not currently available on any Roku device. It's not specific to your TV. For users that had the channel before the Google/Roku contract termination, they still have it on their Roku device(s). But if they remove it, it cannot be added back. You can access YTTV through the regular YouTube channel. The icon for YTTV is at the bottom left of the main screen. But the stand-alone channel will only return if Google and Roku come to an agreement. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Barbra

Re: Roku does not support youtube

Jump to solution

Thank you it worked

0 Kudos
alanfog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! That work around does the trick!

0 Kudos
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have an out of the box thought. I have seen others have and have experienced this issue myself. I too tried all of these given suggestions with no result. My final action was to perform a factory reset with positive results, as have others. My next question is that if nothing in the updates or programming was changed, is there any chance that atmospheric conditions or maybe even sunspots may have caused some issue somewhere and and the factory reset somehow clears the problem. I'm no genius and I'm not a technician, so please excuse me for asking. 

0 Kudos