Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandaoc
Level 8

Re: Not enough space

We have Funimation, Hulu and Noggin, the Roku player and webtv only. I’ve done a million factory resets and I’ve messaged Hisense with no help. It’s not a channel issue or a space issue. It’s a Roku software issue. I just wish you would admit that and update so I can add back Netflix. I’ve turned off updating on our other TVs so our TCL tv upstairs still has Netflix. Please update. Your customers including me are annoyed. 

DancesWKlinogon
Level 7

I've just started getting the notice of not enough room. So many apps now require more space. My SHARP ROKU is 5 years old and also has been responding slow.  I deleted several screen savers and wall papers that I had down loaded.

This has sped up the loading time.

Get ride of less used channels. The tv I have recognizes  wallpapers and screensavers AS channels.

0 Kudos
ShannonS
Level 8

Danny, stop telling people to remove unused channels as a solution to this problem. It's insulting. First of all, that's the obvious first thing anyone would do when receiving that message, before coming here, and it's not the solution. But more importantly, THAT'S NOT THE WAY ROKU IS DESIGNED TO WORK. You are supposed to be able to have as many channels as you want, Roku will delete the least used channels to make room when you need it and re-download them the next time you use them. I have had Roku since the original. This is how they work. You know this. You also must know this a KNOWN bug with the Express unit for years, that they supposedly already fixed, and yet you are acting like it's the consumer's fault for having too many channels. Nope, this one is all on Roku software developers.

I was a beta tester for this device and this was an early bug that WAS fixed but apparently another update has caused the error to return. I can watch Plex and Netflix but neither YouYube nor YouTubeTV will load due to 'space' issues. At first, a reboot fixed it, but no longer. A channel re-install worked the first time but no longer. I have two Express devices, both are doing it, one intermittently, the other always now to the point where I cannot use it. $65 a month for YouTubeTV that I can only watch on my phone now. Going to look for my old Fire stick. 

I've already deleted the few channels I don't want, but I refuse to delete the rest. I've had this many channels on Roku since the early models that had much less onboard memory with no issues. People are having this same issue with only a couple of channels. More importantly, I CAN STILL ADD CHANNELS. So it's not really out of space, it just won't open certain channels. I also refuse to do a full system reset as I will lose a login I no longer have access to. Not to mention, the numerous people here who you told to do that, and it still did not fix this issue!! If I have to set up all those channels again, I will just get a new Chromecast.

The fact that both my devices started misbehaving the same day causes me to believe it is more likely a software issue than a hardware one, and the other posts I've seen here seem to confirm a recent software update is the culprit. It angers me that you seem to be denying this and placing the blame on the consumer side. So take a few of your coders off whatever new money-grabbing features they are working on and devote their efforts toward fixing this issue first. 

BrooksFamily
Level 7

I’m having the same issue too. No luck fixing it so far. 😢😢

0 Kudos
mikenyc
Level 8

I see no solution here.  I have a TCL Roku TV and I am having the same problem.  I find a reboot helps temporarily.  But every time I switch apps, it reloads the app.  Eventually It will give the warning "Not enough space".

Please, DO NOT REPEAT: "Did I unload other apps?".  The message that comes up tells you to do that.  obviously that isn't working.  We need Roku tech to come in and find the problem and fix it ASAP!

Thanks

Mike

mikenyc
Level 8

Private messaging doesn't help the rest of us.  Why not discuss in this open forum so we all can see a solution.  

UI-Designer
Level 9

Re: Not Enough Space for YouTube and Apple TV Not Launching

Has anyone found a solution for this very frustration problem yet?

I'm running into the same issue too on my Roku Express+ 3910RW when trying to view YouTube (get error message "Can't run channel" "... not enough space...") along with Apple TV not loading (will load to 100% and then return to the Home screen without loading).

Please, please Roku try to fix this huge and VERY annoying problem and please work with Google too if the issue is with their YouTube channel code!! 

And if this is not a bug in RokuOS, then when the "Can't run channel" message appears, instead of only giving the "OK" choice, please also give a choice to view which channels are taking up most of the space so we can try to focus on removing those channels.  Thanks!

Please do not keep ignoring this issue, Roku, and please STOP blaming the user -- you, Roku, are ultimately responsible for the user experience.

todd_j
Level 7

This is obiously more than just an isolated issue.  Many users are experiencing the same issue, including myself.   At one time, I had 320 streaming channels installed on my TCL roku TV.  Recently I started getting this message.   "Not enough space".  It happened consistently with one app.  I deleted that app.  It worked for a while and then I got the same message:  "not enough space".   I deleted that app.  Then I deleted 30-40 other apps.  I haven't been able to install the app that was originally giving me "not enough space".  

Today, I got it on Hulu.  then I got it on PlutoTv.  Then I got it on every app that i tried.  Strange.  I am 40 channels or more below what i was successfully running a few weeks ago.  Now I'm getting "not enough space" on every channel.  Obviously, that message isn't entirely truthful.  "Not enough space should go away" once i remove several apps.  I appears unrelated to how many apps i have or how many apps i remove.

I've checked several forums posts here and the message from roku is the same:  "Remove the Channel. Then factory reset Roku."  That doesn't seem to solve the issue.  For me or for anyone else.  Then Roku's follow-up response is "PM me and i will solve the issue for you."  Why PM?  This is a common issue that needs to be addressed and solved for everyone -- if indeed there is a viable solution.   The solution is NOT "factory reset" mind you.   Plus, i am NOT factory resetting multiple times and trying to add and re-add 100+ apps.  that's not an option.  There must be a better solution and the solution must be in the form of a software update.  I'm waiting....

By the way i was able to get Hulu and other channels working ... for now.   Settings > System > Power > Restart seems to work for me ... for now.  We'll see how long that works.

But, Roku, you have some software work to do.  This issue is on you!  

DignifiedB
Level 7

I was having the same issue and found a video on YouTube that explained how to clear the cache on a Roku TV.  I didn't even realize that was possible, but it worked!  No more storage space errors and no more slow loading of apps (YouTube just popped right open).  

Here's what you need to do:

-Press the Home button 5 times, Up 1 time, Rewind 2 times, Fast Forward 2 times and then wait for your device to reboot.  After pressing rewind for the second time, the screen will kind of freeze on a line.  It took my TV a minute or so to reset after this, but it's working great now!  Hope this helps.

Here's a link to the video if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qLz3oATZ_E

ShannonS
Level 8

Clearing the cache did not resolve the issue on either of my Roku Express units, however it has since resolved itself. I'm glad it worked on the Roku TV for someone but I wouldn't get too excited yet. I temporarily resolved this issue multiple times only to have it return. So cross your fingers!

I had to turn off the very useful Sound Leveling feature in order to get my audio to stop skipping (another widespread issue they are ignoring). I do not believe these two issues to be related, but I haven't had the no space problem return since. It's probably a coincidence, however I just turned the feature back on to see if either bug returns.