Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max keeps freezes - then crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

@kazooee What model Roku device are you using? Model number please, not just the name.

I use HBO Max without an issue with my Ultra 4800. In fact, it works better than the Nvidia Shield players I also have, and those are more powerful players. I have had the playback failure on the Shields, but the Ultra has always been very reliable. This includes HD and 4K titles, including Dolby Vision and Atmos tracks. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
kazooee
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think it's the 1080P, purchased new Xmas before last.

0 Kudos
JSpoon129
Level 8

Jump to solution

The ONLY thing that's worked for me is to search for the title of what I want to watch  in Roku Search in the main menu. Select the title in "HBOMax" and you'll be directed to enter ID and password then the movie plays. Now the movie starts to play without my re-entering my ID and password. NONE OF ALL THAT UNINSTALL REINSTALL DELETE ADD DELETE LOG OFF AND LOG BACK ON OFF ON OFF **bleep** DOES NOT WORK!

phytotech
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just to let you know, that I am having the same issue. I have Roku Ultra 4800. Supposedly this issue has been elevated to the HBOMax Specialized Support Team. I am actually on the phone right now with HBOMax trying to get a status update on this issue. What I found was that if the special movie (all regular shows play just fine) has a preview, then this issue comes up. If no preview, then this crashing is not an issue. Per phone conversation, the team is still working on issue, especially the apparent preview connection. They will be sending a more detailed status update directly to me. I suggested that they might want to test add a "no preview" feature setting to see if that corrects. Will post any resolution to the community.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kazooee wrote:

I think it's the 1080P, purchased new Xmas before last.

That's not a model number Smiley Wink

Look under Settings/System/About for the model number. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
kazooee
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't even browse without being kicked out so the preview issue isn't my problem. Thanks for the info though.

0 Kudos
MartyLA
Level 8

Jump to solution

Brilliant, @JSpoon129. Thank you!!!!

0 Kudos
phytotech
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just to let you know, I tried this and it did not work for my issue: start special movie, preview plays, then HBOMax app freezes then either goes back to the start screen or sometimes I lose the video altogether. Never get to see the movie unless it does not have a preview, then it seems to work. But, that is only for a few samples so far. 

0 Kudos
jmmckdmd16
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is the solution email I received from HBOMAX support. It is helpful to a degree... see below.

Thank you for trying HBO Max and we appreciate your recent contact about your Roku.

We've gathered your experience on this issue, and it continues to be tracked for this particular model.

As a note that may be helpful, you can directly reach any show on HBO Max, by doing a search at the Roku main home screen. Type the title name of any show as a workaround.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please note that our engineering team has been actively investigating a resolution.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to us. You can... call us at 855-9-HBOMAX (855-442-6629). 

0 Kudos
Nsputnik1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Today, May 18th, 2021 in just a few hours there will be an industry discussion panel with reps from both Roku and HBO Max. For one hour I need everyone to tweet at them while the talk is going on to bring awareness to this issue. 10am EST/7am PST. https://twitter.com/maria_aguete/status/1390228264854110209?s=21

0 Kudos