Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ace8514

Why did Spotify disappear from my channel shortcuts?

Jump to solution

Spotify recently disappeared from my channel shortcuts. When I go into the channel store it shows I have it downloaded. I've tried opening the channel from the store, restarting my Roku Premiere, and uninstalling it then reinstalling it. Nothing has worked. Suggested fixes?

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why did Spotify disappear from my channel shortcuts?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. In order to apply the latest fix please follow the instructions below to manually check for a software update.

1. Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

More detailed instructions can be found on the support site: How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Francia54
Channel Surfer

Re: Why did Spotify disappear from my channel shortcuts

Jump to solution

Your TV needs an update, it worked for me - Check for updates on your Roku TV:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

The Spotify app will reappear.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why did Spotify disappear from my channel shortcuts?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We believe this issue has been resolved. In order to apply the latest fix please follow the instructions below to manually check for a software update.

1. Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

If you are still experiencing an issue after following the above steps, please feel free to create a new post or search for another thread that is related to your issue.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
46 REPLIES 46
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Re: Spotify channel will not open

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem.

On both my Roku Ultra and Roku 4, the Spotify channel disappeared from the "Home" screens, but was still showing as being installed (under Recommended).

When I saw it listed under "Recommended", it was showing as still being installed... I selected it from that screen, and went to "Got to Channel" it launched, but did nothing, other than cause it to reappear on my home screen (at the end of my channel list).

"DownDetector" showed that Spotify users were reporting a LOT of issues yesterday evening.  I hope that it resolves itself quickly.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Re: Spotify channel will not open

Jump to solution

...an update.

This morning, the Spotify app updated on both my Roku 4 and Roku Ultra.  

After (re)pairing the two Roku devices to my account, the app began working normally again.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Francia54
Channel Surfer

Spotify app disappeared on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Today, 9.16.21 my Spotify app disappeared on my TCL Roku TV and my Hisense Roku TV. I am unable to reconnect. 

The app won't reinstall. Tried rebooting, update etc. Nothing. 

Seems to be a larger issue. Does anyone know what's happening?

Maroc

Re: Spotify app disappeared on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Happen the same to me. I have two devices and Spotify disappear from both! Spotify says online that it's an issue from Roku! 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Maroc @Francia54 

The Spotify app update (2.8.90) from yesterday 9/15 has been reverted to version (2.7.16)

Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

Francia54
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did some research online and read multiple complaints about this issues. Yesterday was fine, today the app is gone. 

This is a quote I read online:

However, Spotify and Roku have not yet acknowledged this issue which clearly appears to be widespread. Thus it is unclear whether the issue is at Spotify’s end or needs to be fixed by Roku. Date: 9.16.21. Website: https://piunikaweb.com/2021/09/16/spotify-app-disappeared-or-not-working-on-roku-you-arent-alone/

Francia54
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your reply. I have the Spotify app back on both Roku TV's. I did a System software update as you said and both apps appeared again. The information you provided was top notch!

0 Kudos
my13personas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine didn't disappear, it opens when I play from another device but quickly shuts down. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Spotify ugpraded again to the (invisible/broken) 2.8.90 version 9/16.

Contact Roku and Spotify about the issue.

0 Kudos