Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I login to AMC Plus on my Roku device?

Jump to solution

Won’t let me log in. Changed passwords back and forth for Roku. Lets me login to Roku and all other channels, not AMC Plus. Won’t let me login to channel. This is absurd. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't login to AMC Plus on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @Davidhp,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more information about that channel's features, content, and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach AMC Plus support here: http://support.amcplus.com/en/support/home 

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't login to AMC Plus on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @RanaR,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Currently, AMC Plus standalone is not available but if you have a TV provider, you can download AMC from the Roku Channel Store. 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact AMC plus support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach AMC Plus support here: http://support.amcplus.com/en/support/home

You may also refer to this link: AMC | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku 

For more information about how to add channels on Roku devices, visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
Guppyfries
Reel Rookie

Re: Subscription not recognized by Roku

Jump to solution

I tried to sign up for AMC+ on the Roku channel on September 10.  AMC Premier ended in August.  I tried multiple times to sign in to watch AMC+ but the email and password did not work.  I was unable to get anyone in customer support and finally went to my Roku account to manage subscriptions and cancelled the AMC+ subscription.  This was on the same afternoon of September 10.  I received an email on Sept 10 at 2:16:01 PM confirming the subscription AMC+ on the The Roku Channel has been cancelled.  On Sept 10 at 2:46:34 PM I received another email from Roku apologizing for getting disconnected from the "chat".  CS/MA-Christine Joyce Baliesteros Labsan, Sept 10, 12:28 PDT:  said this was a "follow up in line with (your) AMC+ subscription and further I could call or reply to the email.   I replied advising Roku I had been unable to access AMC+ after signing up for it and I wanted to be sure I was not charged for the month.  I checked my credit card statement today and there is a charge from Roku on September 10 for $9.35.  I should not have to pay for something I did not receive and I want the charge credited back to my credit card.  That is my issue and I want to know what Roku is going to do to make it right.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Guppyfries wrote:

I tried to sign up for AMC+ on the Roku channel on September 10. ...

Just to ensure, within the Roku Channel, you went to the AMC+ section and subscribed. You did not use the AMC+ app from the Channel Store? That's a standalone app, totally separate from the Roku Channel.

@Guppyfries wrote:

... I tried multiple times to sign in to watch AMC+ but the email and password did not work....

This is where things are starting to go askew. If you subscribed to AMC+ within the Roku Channel, it should not be asking you for your email and password. If you launched the separate AMC+ app, it will ask you for that.

So, did you subscribe via The Roku Channel, but then add/launch the standalone AMC+ app and try to log in there?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Guppyfries 

From AMC+ website.  If you subscribed from the Roku channel you can NOT use the AMC+ app.  Also the Roku Channel clearly states that all subscriptions are non-refundable.  When you cancelled you stopped it from automatically renewing.  You have access on the Roku channel to all AMC+ material.

Subscribe via The Roku Channel

1. Get The Roku Channel on your Roku device.
    The Roku channel is its own app/channel. You should be able to see the icon for it on the Roku Home screen, the same as any other app like Netflix, Prime Video etc.

If you don't have it already, go to Home > Streaming Channels to find and add it to your device.

You will also need a Roku account for billing. If you don't have one yet, Roku will prompt you to create one when you add The Roku Channel.

2. Find AMC+
    Launch The Roku Channel
    Navigate to the row called Browse Premium Subscriptions
    Click into Watch Premium Movies & TV
    Find AMC+ under Movies & TV

3. Subscribe
    Select AMC+
    Start the 7-day trial
    When your trial ends, your monthly subscription will begin (charged by Roku Pay)

When you subscribe this way, be sure to watch on the app called The Roku Channel or www.therokuchannel.com.

(Your subscription will not work on AMC apps or our website.)

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wont let me log into a channel I pay for AMC+

Jump to solution

@HuskerNielsen-

A couple clarifications, please.

1. How did you subscribe to AMC+?  Directly with AMC on their website?  Through Roku? Through some other third party (Amazon, Hulu, cable provider, etc?)?
  2. How are you attempting to access AMC+?  Through AMC+ app on Roku?  Through The Roku Channel?
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Malk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I subbed through AMC+ directly and Roku wont let me sign in. It just ask for me toi start a new sub through roku. But when I bought the year sub from AMC+ it stated it was on roku.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Malk

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel provider. We suggest reaching out to AMC+ support to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You can contact them here: https://www.amcnetworks.com/contact-us/ or call them at (212) 324-8500.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Davidhp
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem,  I just purchased the annual AMC + special deal for Black Friday and added the AMC + channel to my Roku device.  I can log into my AMC + account but when I try to watch any shows I get an error message stating those shows are not available with my subscription.  I can watch those same shows on my computer directly from AMC + on a Chrome browser.  It looks like this is an issue for many people.  What is being done to fix this?  AMC + stated that AMC + is available to watch on Roku devices.

Jorge84

Jump to solution

Ok guys I had that same issue. So you go to home on Roku device then scroll down to streaming channels click on it and go to new & updated. Find AMC+ and click on it then click on go to channel and log in from there. Then use as you would any other channel you have. Make sure you only have one AMC+ channel on your Roku.

0 Kudos
RanaR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m not able to find AMC+ that’s not the AMC+ for Roku Channel. 

0 Kudos