Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcius
Level 7

Why can't I find the Disney Plus channel on my Roku device? (Based in London / the UK)

Jump to solution

I can't find the channel. Does anyone have any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Why can't I find the Disney Plus channel on my Roku device? (Based in London / the UK)

Jump to solution

@marcius

Appreciate the prompt response.

It seems that your account's region is not set in the UK. If you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, you may encounter issues within a channel. i.e. If you are using a device linked to a different location, in the US or another region.

To resolve your issue, we would recommend creating a new Roku account. Since you're in the UK, the account's region will automatically be set in the UK as well. If you don't have any extra email address and you want to use the same email you are using at the moment, you can deactivate your existing Roku account then create a new one using the same credentials.

If you need help with the suggestions above, you can visit these links from our Support site:

Additional Community topics that you might find helpful:

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney plus in Roku Express

Jump to solution

Hey @marcius

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us in what region you are located in the moment? Please be advised that any Roku Player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about which Roku devices they support their channel (app) on in your current region.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
marcius
Level 7

Re: Why can't I find the Disney Plus channel on my Roku device? (Based in London / the UK)

Jump to solution

I'm in London/UK.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@marcius

Appreciate the prompt response.

It seems that your account's region is not set in the UK. If you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, you may encounter issues within a channel. i.e. If you are using a device linked to a different location, in the US or another region.

To resolve your issue, we would recommend creating a new Roku account. Since you're in the UK, the account's region will automatically be set in the UK as well. If you don't have any extra email address and you want to use the same email you are using at the moment, you can deactivate your existing Roku account then create a new one using the same credentials.

If you need help with the suggestions above, you can visit these links from our Support site:

Additional Community topics that you might find helpful:

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos