Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeriFarris
Level 7

Unable to play Prime Video on my Roku device

Today I cannot get my Prime Video Channel to Open up on My Roku Device that connects via a HDMI Cable to My TV & Internet box . My Tv is a 4K TV but Not A SMART TV!
 I got the Less pricey  Roku Express+  device ( I think 🤔? It was a year or two ago. I had purchased the more Expensive one for my living room that connects via over the air WiFi .  It’s fine! 
 My Express + Roku Device will not stream my Prime Video Channel App  now (it ) won’t even open up ! just goes to a black screen when I go over to the app on my screen on the tv.

No - I don’t mean I am trying to access Prime Video -From Within Roku Channel App /  just the Separate Prime Video App.
When the TV  Screen displays From Turning on your  Roku Device & All your Streaming Channels Display, “”ALL  the Streaming App Channels I have”” , and the Roku Channel App it is present  too !
 I can’t even delete the  Prime Video App ! 
so what’s going on Roku ? Or Does anyone know anything ???

thank You 🤔🤯 I’m befuddled

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
ellen-l
Level 9

Re: Unable to play Prime Video on my Roku device

I have no issues accessing Prime Video from any of the three devices in my house.  I did have to restart (from the settings menu) my Roku TV because I couldn't play content that I purchased, but once I did that Prime Video works exactly as what I am used to.

TCL Roku TV 7105X, 10.5.0 build 4208-30
Streambar 9102R, 10.5.0 build 4201-95
Roku 3 4200X, 10.5.0 build 4208-04

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to play Prime Video on my Roku device

@PeriFarris

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you able to access other channels? Have you tried to restart your Roku device and then see if the channel is accessible? If you are unable to remove the channel, what options are available when press the * button when selecting the channel on your Home screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos