Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa12341

Re: Why did Spotify disappear from my channel shortcuts?

Jump to solution

Spotify disappeared from one of my Roku devices and I can't add it back.  The Roku is behaving like it is still installed. 

0 Kudos
Francia54
Channel Surfer

Re: Why did Spotify disappear from my channel shortcuts

Jump to solution

Your TV needs an update, it worked for me - Check for updates on your Roku TV:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

The Spotify app will reappear.

0 Kudos
iconn87

Re: Spotify app disappeared on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I’ve had the same issue with Spotify disappearing from my Home Screen, however the fix of updating or restarting is not working. I’ve checked for updates, I’ve restarted and it’s still not there. In Streaming Channels it says the channel is still installed and I can access the app but I can’t get past the account select screen (which is new).

Fyi, I’m using a Roku streambar 

iconn87

Re: Spotify app disappeared on Roku TV

Jump to solution

never mind, it appeared out of place. So I have the channel again but still can’t get past the account select screen in the channel.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. In order to apply the latest fix please follow the instructions below to manually check for a software update.

1. Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

More detailed instructions can be found on the support site: How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Its not quite resolved - the app is loading ok, but its leaving "ghost" installs causing duplicate app entries in the installed middleware/app list (Channel Info)

On some models its installing version 2.8.90 (duplicate entries) - on other devices its installing version 2.7.16.

If the Spotify app is removed from the account, its removed from all devices, but devices where 2.8.90 were installed have a leftover "ghost" install of Spotify 2.8.90 in Channel Info.

rmzab

Jump to solution

As of 9/17 I noticed the issue as well. I was able to re-add the channel after a system restart but I could not login. I tried the system update, but I must have already received the update on 9/16. When starting the Channel the login screen came up but when clicking on my username which was already linked to the Roku, it would not login, just sat there.

I had to take the additional step of removing my account, then logging in. I went the route of opening the app on my phone and playing on the device. My credentials were then associated with the Roku again and I could listen to music.

Really weird issue. Hope this helps someone else.

0 Kudos
my13personas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This didn't work for me and I also just noticed that youtube is doing the exact same thing so it must be a Roku issue. 

0 Kudos
miggy16
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any success in logging in to your Spotify account after updating and restarting the system? I also noticed that my Xfinity also disappeared. 

0 Kudos
fowlerl

Jump to solution

go to the add account on your tv. follow the four steps:

1) make sure phone and tv are on same network

2) go to add account on tv

3) play song on your phone

4) select the tv to play, and it will switch to your tv

I went back to the home screen, and started Spotify again, and it worked.

0 Kudos