Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmhabo
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

Same problem with SiriusXM app (v2.5 b28) on Roku Express+ (v10.0.0.3).

The SiriusXM app shuts down and the Roku Express+ returns to the home screen. No "error code". I did not measure the timeout exactly, but on two occasions the timeout was approximately 25 and 30 minutes.

I noticed the problem on 5/18/22 after the SiriusXM app prompted for a new login.

I contacted SiriusXM support. They suggested reinstalling the SiriusXM app. Uninstalling/reinstalling the SiriusXM app did not fix the problem.

I opened the SiriusXM app (v2.5 b28) on an older Roku 2 (v11.0.0 b4193-04). The SiriusXM app did not prompt for a new login and did not shut down after playing for 60 minutes.

Robb2

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Sirius XM referred me to Roku saying it is their issue. I’m losing my mind listening to a program and having to reload 5 times in an hour and it never starts up in the same place. 

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Nope... that didn't fix it. I didn't see any setting that matches this exactly; in the closest one, neither box is checked. So...try again. 16529236843561855716839314271575.jpg

duanelinn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here. 

Why is it that ROKU wants to stall on the problems with Sirius XM? 

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME IN 2 MONTHS THAT THERE'S BEEN PROBLEMS WITH SIRIUSXM. 

FIX IT. 

mw44070
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem. Did the usual removal and reinstallation of app, but it only plays for 20 minutes and then shuts down. I looked at settings on the app but I don't see anything set that would cause this. 

LegoManiac

Jump to solution

Having the same problem…usually listen to the Pop Rocks channel when I read but that is out for now…please help!

JPJenny
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My 2 Roku Express units are doing it but not the Roku TV. In fact the display on the 2 Express  TV's is entirely different . No help from SXM or Roku.

Will Amazon Fire Stick work for SXM? I watch little Tv just want the music.

JP

Eyesonthesky
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the opposite. My Sharpe Roku TV is having the exact same issue outline in the posts. However, my Roku Premiere+ attached to my LG TV is just fine? My problem, I listen with my Sharpe Roku TV! 

kidkrash
Streaming Star

SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

After an update to the SiriusXM application on my Roku Express it has become unstable and crashes back to the Home screen consistently. This did not occur with the previous version/build.

Rebooting and a full power cycle does not alleviate the issue.

SiriusXM Version 2.5 build 28

3930x - Roku Express Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

The new graphics do look nicer but not at expense of having a stable application.

JPJenny
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think someone at SXM needs to reach out to someone at ROKU or they will be losing subscribers. I am giving it until Saturday, if not squared away I will find a new music source and cancel. Then I will give Roku Express an express ride to the dumpster! 

JP