Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bahrbrad

Roku stopped working. ErrorRLP-999

Any idea why my Roku suddenly stopped working?  Getting error code to restart with error code RLP-999.  Have tried everything but I continue to get this message.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku stopped working. ErrorRLP-999

Hello @Badbrad77

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you provide here a photo of the error occurring? Please also let us know the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SRT73003

I unplugged for a few days, pressed reset button and still getting the error on both of my ROkus. Now what??? I haven’t had the device one year. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@SRT73003 

I believe this is a Spectrum generated error code.  Does not seem to be a single reason for its trigger.

I have seen some info that if using a Netgear router, try disabling Armor protection if enabled.

Other times, a simple unplugging of your router and modem for a few mins reportedly will resolve issue.

I am assuming you unplugged the Roku device for a couple of days, not the router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
auntwhacko

i dont know what to do???

0 Kudos
Bobv40

Receiving an error message of RLP-999 which is not allowing me to access channels.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bobv40,

Thanks for sharing your concerns here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to take a closer look at this. Could you elaborate on whether you received the error code on a specific or all the channels? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to reproduce the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos