Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kareemlee
Level 9

Roku O.S 10.5 broke my 2019 65R625 TV...waiting for roll back to 10.0

Got the forced update 10.5 last week since then my Roku TV is pretty much useless. Asked support twice yesterday to roll me back to 10.0 like other customers who made the same request. Nothing yet in over 24 hours but lipservice, damage control in the press, and downplaying the number of users affected. I can't believe support is either clueless or powerless and ROKU is treating their customers this way. They were well aware of the issues for weeks! Roku is ruining its brand and is losing loyal customers the longer they ignore these issues. Whoever made the executive decision to release this software update without proper testing should be fired. Hopefully, it's already been taken care of. Regarless not having the option to revert back to the previous version is stupid for any tech company that forces their customers to be beta testers. Anyway just in case tech support sees this message:

Model: A108X - Roku TV

Serial Number: X003006C2E10K (SO53Y9AC2EOK)

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4201-88

ID OK-469-129

All we need, I speak for many other customers, is a rollback to the previous software update (i.e 10.0). Your damage control in the press is just lip service. 

A very angry and frustrated ROKU customer soon to be a former customer if this is not taken care of today. 

34 REPLIES 34\
kareemlee
Level 9

Re: Roku TV Amazon Prime, Disney+ etc channels returns errors

I also emailed tech support. So far no email response from the two separate live chats with tech support or the email I sent yesterday. Supposedly I am supposed to receive an answer within 24 hours. Kept trying to do the system update all day yesterday and this morning. Still waiting! 

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

Potential ROKU customers this is what you will have to deal with once you purchase a product from them.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I apologize for your experience here. We are working on ways to better improve this process.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

Since the update 10.5 apps like Amazon Prime, Disney+ etc...return errors while streaming (i.e invalid bit rates, something went from,etc...) making the TV unable to stream anything. Your company has been notified about these issues for several weeks. While you work on fixing these bugs a lot of customers like me need our device to be rolled back to 10.0 which you have been doing slowly since this weekend. I am still waiting for my TV to be eligible to system update to the previous 10.0 version.

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

By the way I provided specific information to live chat twice and emailed tech support as well yesterday. Today I also PM a tech on this forum to help since he was helping user contacting him roll back to 10.0. He was not online so i am not sure if he is available today or if he can do anything. So please stop stalling and asking me for the same information. I already provided this info x3 times yesterday to 3 support persons.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kareemlee 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?
-what specific channels are you experiencing an issue with
-what are the exact steps to reproduce the issue
-are you seeing any error messages on screen? if so, what are those error messages?
-can you provide screenshots of what is on screen

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnLuke
Level 7

I have a Express and same thing happened to me. I've even tried a Factory Reset and now I can't even get past the Activate Your Roku screen. They keep replying "We can't seem to reach you by email". This all happened with the latest update. It killed my service. If they can't fix or reply soon I'm trashing the Roku and switching to Fire Stick or Google. 

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

When using Amazon prime for example, after clicking any videos some will play for a few minutes and others will not play at all displaying the "white circle of death". All videos shortly end up displaying error message: "Something went wrong please try again later. For more help go to PrimeVideo.com/videohelp"

On Disney+ same thing some videos will play for a few minutes others won't but all end up displaying error message: "no valid bitrates".

Never had any issues for the past 2 years until 10.5.0 O.S update last week. My internet speed is on average 400mbps.

Just need a roll back to 10.0 right now.

Thanks!

kareemlee
Level 9

Day 2 since contacting tech support...

How long does it take to make my TV eligible for a roll back to 10.0 O.S? Could care less about 10.5 at this point. 

0 Kudos