Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam899
Level 7

Roku 2710X software version 10.5.0 won’t play YouTube TV

My YouTube TV account won’t play when you are logged into the YouTube account and select a Chanel to play. I also have to log in through the YouTube app. The YouTube TV app under streaming Chanel’s isn’t there either. How do I get this roku to work with streaming or is this not possible?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 2710X software version 10.5.0 won’t play YouTube TV

The 2710 is now over eight years old, and is really underpowered compared to newer players. YouTube (not the TV version) was the first channel that because unusable on my 2 XS (3100). While the 2710 is still officially supported by Roku, many providers have dropped support for older devices like this.

I don't know if Google has officially stopped supporting it, but my guess is they'd simply tell you to buy one of their new Chromecast players. And honestly, that is my recommendation as well, although not specifically for a CC. I would instead suggest the Roku Express 4K+, which is currently on sale for $30. It will shock you how much better it performs compared to your Roku 1. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Sam899
Level 7

Thank you very much, just did that and everything is working, and quite well at that!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

When a Roku is too old to have YouTube Tv app, you can't beat it by going through the regular youtube app and entering YTTV from there, it will lists your programs might none will play. I have few roku models too old and tested this on all of them, YTTV just doesn't work at all on older models. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos