Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sastms96

Paramount Plus 'The content you are trying to play is currently unavailable. Please try again later'

I've tried to watch Paramount Plus on both my Roku devices but my Roku devices (I've tried two different devices) keep telling me that 'The content you are trying to play is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. How can I fix this?

We have tried:

• Reseting the Roku device, reset the network,
  • Using a different networks
  • Checked for updates to both the device and channel. (It says everything is updated.)
  • Different shows on Paramount Plus, and still keep getting the same message.  

I can watch the Paramount Plus Channel on my phone without trouble. I am using the Roku Premiere's.  What needed to be done so this will work through the devices?

Paramount+ channel (Channelstore.roku.com)Paramount+ channel (Channelstore.roku.com)

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount Plus 'The content you are trying to play is currently unavailable.'

@sastms96-

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option. [Note: If you have subscribed to this channel through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel. ]
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Joe32

Re: Re: Paramount Plus 'The content you are trying to play is currently unavailable.'

I'm getting the exact same issues.

0 Kudos

Re: Paramount Plus 'The content you are trying to play is currently unavailable.'

Followed your instructions, didn’t resolve the issue at all. Can’t even move onto another episode. 

0 Kudos
MAOCPAC
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus 'The content you are trying to play is currently unavailable. Please try again la

Just bought my second Roku TV after the first died but not before rejecting every Paramount Plus fix that they offered.

The second Roku TV a beautiful 55" TCL tuned into the Paramount Plus and presto it worked. I could even watch Survivor in real time. So Paramount Plus worked find until today, Day 4 and now we get the error message. Same as before.

What the **bleep** is going on. Why can't you guys fix this??????

0 Kudos