Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vidiot
Reel Rookie

OANN, RAV, Blaze discontinued?

Jump to solution

Have these 3 channels been cancelled on ROKU? December 7 is first day we can't get.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OANN, RAV, Blaze discontinued?

Jump to solution

Ah, makes a tremendous difference. Thanks for the update. Since they are all contained within a channel that is provided by a 3rd party (as almost all channels on Roku devices are), you need to ask them what's going on with those channels. For Pluto, I would start here. I rarely use Pluto on my Roku devices (my TVs all have Pluto channels listed in their main channel guide), but I just tried it on my Ultra 4800 and it appears to be working. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
atc98092

Jump to solution

I just searched the channel store on my Ultra. I found BlazeTV (no Blaze), but no OANN or RAV. It's possible they have been removed, either by the provider or by Roku. If they were private channels (installed using a code, not from the channel store), then they are unsupported and can be removed at any time without an explanation.

If the providers removed them, you'd have to ask them if they've stopped supporting Roku devices. If Roku removed them, it was likely due to copyright violations, and you'll never see anything here about it. 

Dan

ellen-l
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I searched for OAN and I believe I have found what you are looking for.  It has 5,153 ratings so I think its legit. If that is not what you are looking for, The Roku Channel has a live channel OAN Plus.  It is channel 180.

I can't find RAV either, I have no idea what that is so I can't think on where to begin to figure that one out...Googling RAV tells me all about Toyota's vehicle.

0 Kudos
Vidiot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I forgot to mention these 3 are on Pluto which is on Roku. Full name is One America News Network, Real Americas Voice aka Americas Voice, and The Blaze. This morning they were all back on but now the entire Pluto network is out.

atc98092

Jump to solution

Ah, makes a tremendous difference. Thanks for the update. Since they are all contained within a channel that is provided by a 3rd party (as almost all channels on Roku devices are), you need to ask them what's going on with those channels. For Pluto, I would start here. I rarely use Pluto on my Roku devices (my TVs all have Pluto channels listed in their main channel guide), but I just tried it on my Ultra 4800 and it appears to be working. 

Dan

0 Kudos
lburkey

Jump to solution

OANN, like RAV (Real America's Voice), can be found on streaming Chanel Pluto. 

0 Kudos
Steve32
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

OAN Plus is not the same as the separate OAN channel.  OAN Plus is just selected recorded segments.  OAN is the actual live feed channel.  The live feed channel is the one that is having issues.

0 Kudos
Knick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

By removing OANN, Roku may lose some customers. I only got Roku so I could link up to OANN. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

You can get the OAN channel here or scroll and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store to add it to your Roku device home screen.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us a know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Knick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This issue with OANN is very confusing on your end. I've been using the app for several years now, going through Roku for the subscription. It was just canceled this last month out of nowhere. Simple questions: Is OANN app available and streaming at Roku right now?? If not why won't you let us remove the app?? What are you talking about (Mary) that this app can be connected elsewhere? Why would you want the app if you are not streaming it?

It is ridiculous this station is not being carried after all this time at Roku. There are many subscribers who want this subscription. I, for one, will be researching other avenues to be able to obtain this station. Not happy with Roku's decision on this matter. 

0 Kudos