Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashton1656

Prefer Highway to Heaven in English instead of spanish

several episodes of Highway to Heaven are switching from English to Spanish.   I have language set for English.  Can this issue be corrected please?

0 Kudos
natsumi86

TV Show on the Roku Channel is Dubbed in Spanish

I’ve been watching Highway to Heaven when all of a sudden starting from season 2, episode 9 everything is dubbed and subbed in Spanish.  I tried playing the next several episodes after that and those were also in Spanish.  I couldn’t find any settings to switch it back to English.  Is there actually a way to do that and I’m just missing it?

0 Kudos
Amv1980

Re: Specific show on Roku channel is stuck in spanish

Its Happening with Highway To Heaven also....theres nothing attractive about Michael Landon speaking in spanish 🤦‍♀️

c_dame

Re: Prefer Highway to Heaven in English instead of spanish

I am currently having the same issue.  It was fine and now it is all converted over, I have checked my settings and updated my device and it is still wrong.  I hope a fix is coming soon.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @c_dame,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing. Our team has continued 
investigating the issue and is hoping to have further resolution soon. We appreciate 
your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
WatchinTV

We are having the same issue. Seasons 4 and 5 are all dubbed in Spanish.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@WatchinTV 

You can watch "Highway to Heaven " on Filmrise Family, Tubi, and Pluto Channels.  All these are free channels/apps and are playing correctly in English.  

You can use the Search feature from Home Screen of your Roku and see all the available Channels/apps it is currently playing on.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Steph32886

Re: Language changed on Highway to Heaven

It is now January 31 and the issue still isn’t resolved.  If this issue isn’t resolved I will no longer be using roku.  Seems this could be a ploy to get ppl interested enough to go buy it.  I’m all for glitches and working then out, but looking back this has been going on long enough and not just for this show.

streaming_fan
Roku Guru

I was just about to come here to post an update but @Steph32886 beat me to it.

Update: Today is Feb. 1.  S2 E18 "To Bind the Wounds" on The Roku Channel is still in Spanish.  (The problem was first reported on Nov. 19, 2021.)

Screenshot_1.jpg

http://howmanydayssince.net/

Highway to Heaven fans: Pls know that all 5 seasons are now available for free in English on Tubi, Pluto, IMDB, BYU, Plex, Filmrise, Crackle and also on Peacock if you have it.  

My Comment: Overall, I still love Roku and I'm sticking with it (for now).  To be fair, Roku has improved.  For example, a "Live TV" choice now appears on the Roku main menu on the left side.  I appreciate not having to dig through menus to start live TV.  And, the promised new live TV features arrived last year (favorite/hide/manage/filter channels).  I dislike that I can't watch Highway to Heaven in English on The Roku Channel.  It's annoying.  And I find it odd that they would let so much time pass and not resolve this issue.  Don't they care about their customers?  So, I'm not thrilled with this unresolved issue, but with 7 or 8 other ways to stream the show, it's not bad enough to cause me to ditch Roku.  So, this streamer is still staying with Roku (for now).  

0 Kudos
JPointer

I'm here because I'm having the same issue. I hope they resolve it soon. I don't speak Spanish. 

0 Kudos