Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kittens Theme Channel Disappeared

Jump to solution

Had my theme change from Kittens to Default the other day and cannot for the life of me find out what happened to my theme. It's not showing up on my Roku, it's not showing up on the website--it's like it disappeared off the face of the earth. What happened?? That was the only theme I actually liked. Does anyone know what might have happened? As well as the likelihood of it returning?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Kittens Theme Channel Disappeared

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. Channels may be removed at any time for a variety of reasons. You can see more about this here: https://support.roku.com/article/360004150534-why-is-a-channel-no-longer-available-on-my-roku-stream...

For any further status updates, we'd recommend reaching out to the channel or service provider directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
sdrft1

Jump to solution

Same here, I loved that theme, I hope its not gone

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. Channels may be removed at any time for a variety of reasons. You can see more about this here: https://support.roku.com/article/360004150534-why-is-a-channel-no-longer-available-on-my-roku-stream...

For any further status updates, we'd recommend reaching out to the channel or service provider directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
rick_hughes
Reel Rookie

No refund for removed theme

Jump to solution

I purchased the Kitten Theme a few years ago and now it has been removed. I contacted customer support and they confirmed it is no longer available. Since I had paid money for this, I think I am due a refund or some sort of compensation just out of principle, but apparently nothing will be done.

So, if you give them money for something just be aware that it may be taken away and your money is gone.

from Customer Support emails:

The kitten theme is removed from the Roku platform and that is the reason you are not able to pull the theme in the Roku.
A refund request has been denied for the charges you were billed for Kitten theme. 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No refund for removed theme

Jump to solution

@rick_hughes 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I'd be happy to assist you further with this. I've passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
rick_hughes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, I received a phone call from customer support saying I would get my refund. I will update when received.

0 Kudos
rick_hughes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have received a $5 credit on the channel store, so I consider this resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Danw99

Jump to solution

Can you tell us why it was removed?  I also purchased this theme a while back and then it just disappeared recently.  No notice or refund or anything was provided.  I can tell you it has certainly put me off buying any other themes or digital content from Roku in the future.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Danw99 Our apologies for any inconvenience. Channels, Themes, or Screensavers can be removed at any time for a variety of different reasons. We don't have any other details to share, but I can definitely help get you in touch with our support team for billing assistance here. Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the approximate date of purchase. I'll follow up directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
AngryFeline
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello Keith,

I understand about the channel cancellation as stated. I did not see that it related to theme packs. Can you clarify? 

2 of the theme packs I paid for NOT channels just disappeared from my Roku 3830x attached Roku TV but not from my Ulta connected TVs. I find nothing anywhere about if & how they can be restored. Any explanation for this? It occurred right after the lated Roku OS update. Thanks  

Angry Feline😼

0 Kudos