Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldib
Level 7

I heard the NextPVR custom app will be removed in March of this year

Jump to solution

I heard the NextPVR custom app will be removed in March of this year, along with other custom apps.  I just purchase 2 new Roku Ultras for this purpose.  I hope this isn't true.  It is the reason I upgraded.  The NextPVR app is the closest  thing you will get to cutting the cable without breaking the bank.  It's awesome.  Please keep it on the platform.  If not, I'll probably have to change players.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I heard the NextPVR custom app will be removed in March of this year

Jump to solution

Hi @ldib

Appreciate the feedback!

We currently don't have any information to share about this, but the channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them to let them know you want to keep their streams on Roku.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I heard the NextPVR custom app will be removed in March of this year

Jump to solution

Hi @ldib

Appreciate the feedback!

We currently don't have any information to share about this, but the channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them to let them know you want to keep their streams on Roku.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos