Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonygolan

How to fix the Youtube channel (app) suddenly not launching

Jump to solution

Yesterday I had a power outage while my TCL Roku TV was playing videos in the Youtube app.  Ever since then, I can't load Youtube.  Nothing happens when I click on it.  I have uninstalled it, restarted the TV and re-added the channel.  Still nothing happens when I click on it.  All other channels load fine with no problem,.

Please help

Thanks!

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix the Youtube channel (app) suddenly not launching

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to launch Youtube.

For troubleshooting, try to remove the channel, update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel.

Let us know how it goes! We're hoping this will work for you.

Thanks,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to launch Youtube.

For troubleshooting, try to remove the channel, update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel.

Let us know how it goes! We're hoping this will work for you.

Thank

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

In order to avoid further confusion on this thread:

1) If you are experiencing issues of Youtube TV on Roku TVs, this issue has been resolved and the resolution can be found here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Youtube-not-working-on-Roku-TV/m-p/722611/hig...

2) If you are unable to play the Youtube channel, please be aware that we are currently investigate the issue that is still affecting a subset of users. Updates and more information regarding this issue can found on these posts:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Resolved-Channel-launch-issue-quot-Can-t-run-...
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Error-Can-t-run-channel-Prime-Sling-amp-bunch...

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
55 REPLIES 55
Archetypist
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube won't launch

Jump to solution

Restarting from Roku's System menu didn't help me.  But unplugging the Roku did. Like this:

Uninstall Youtube app. 

Unplug Roku. Wait a few seconds. Plug it back in.

Reinstall Roku app.

Daprigge

Re: YouTube won't launch

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@liger 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
AmarSingh
Binge Watcher

Youtube not working

Jump to solution

I was watching Youtube on my Roku Express and came out of it for a bit and after a couple of hours I wanted to watch a video, I pressed the icon and it bleeped and stopped working. the app  it just bleeps when I try to load it and the Youtube Icon does not even open it, it is just stays stuck any advise on how to fix it would be very appreciative. 

Should I delete it and reload it

Thanks                                              

0 Kudos
Don7
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube not working

Jump to solution

Same here.  Had the problem for two days now.  Removing and re-installing didn't fix.  Roku's problems with the Spectrum app and now YouTube is getting very annoying.  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Don7& @AmarSingh :

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
AmarSingh
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have Roku Express not Roku TV, is it the same

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Had the same thing happen, tried a update of the roku software, it did a Channel update, which i have never saw written before. After that You Tube worked fine. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AmarSingh
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for your advise,

How do I do the   up date on my Roku Devise. 

I have tried but it says the system is updated.

Is there a number for Roku in the UK, I can call

Thanks

Gracesten

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem. I was just watching youtube videos last night so sometime between 10pm and 3pm (CST) youtube app stopped working. I've tried deleting the app, then restarting the Roku stick by unplugging the power to it, then adding the app again but it still does the same thing. It 'clicks', then sits there, no loading, no messages, nothing..not happy! ☹