Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Have you tried checking for a manual software update to see if this resolves the issue you are experiencing? 

You can check for a manual software update through the following steps:

1. Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.
  6. Restart your Roku device.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This fixed my issue! Thank you so much for posting this. My mom was in tears over this.  Thank you thank you thank you

0 Kudos
adamarie64

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R This did not fix my issue.

0 Kudos
adamarie64

Jump to solution

@Biancho99 Thank you! This worked.

0 Kudos
IMKenWilliams
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have several times, and always receive the message indicating the version is current.

IMKenWilliams
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The issue occurs when, on the Home Screen, I navigate to the Spotify app icon.  I press ‘enter’ on the Roku remote to launch the app.  The app launches then prompts to select a user.  I am the only user so the options are Add New or my User Name.  I select my user name, press enter and then nothing happens.  It remains on that screen.  I have left it for hours just to see if it ever changes, and nothing.

I did nothing to link my Spotify logon to my Roku credentials.  A few weeks ago Roku just displayed a message indicating my Spotify login has now been linked with my Roku credentials.  I don’t use the same credentials.  An option to confirm or cancel would be helpful.

Eunice

Jump to solution

Thanks, worked like a charm!

0 Kudos
thehowards
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

While this worked we can only access our primary account this way. The secondary account (we have the family plan) is no longer accessible. I should not have to go through my phone to access an app on Roku.

How do I disassociate my Roku credentials from the Spotify app? We use different credentials.

Roku, please address and resolve this issue!

0 Kudos
Guynraleigh01
Binge Watcher

Re: Spotify will not open/load on Roku TV - states not enough space (but has been a main app)

Jump to solution

Same issue here want to open after Roku update.

0 Kudos
RonBoom
Reel Rookie

Spotify has not been loading for days now

Jump to solution

I am having the same persistent problem and have done system restarts, checked manually for system updates, reinstalled Spotify, but nothing works. I own multiple Rokus and have a TCL Roku TV as well. I am getting very bummed at this. 

0 Kudos