Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bthompson
Reel Rookie

Netfix wont load certain titles

Jump to solution

About three days ago, my Roku stopped loading certain Netflix shows.  Other devices such as my smart phone and computer using my home network works perfectly fine.

My Roku will load all other streaming apps such as Sling, Hulu, and Disney work just fine. The problem is only with Netfix. 

I have noticed that the shows that my Roku has the most problems loading is the Netfix originals shows. But, it can happen across the board.

I noticed my Roku did an update about the same time this problem started.

I've tried everything from powering off to factory settings reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Netfix wont load certain titles

Jump to solution

Hi @bthompson

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

In some cases, removing the channel then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix the Netflix channel not responding on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

@GoldenGirl @badhill @freehandfrog078

Thanks for providing the information requested.

We checked this with our team, however, the issue seems to be with Netflix. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If the problem only occurs on one channel, videos from other channels play fine, there's likely an issue within that specific app that needs to be addressed with an update from the developer. Therefore, you'll want to contact Netflix Support to report the issue and get help. 

You can contact them here: Netflix Help Center

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
meb123
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix the Netflix channel not responding on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

You don’t think the fact that one of the most popular streaming apps doesn’t work on Roku devices, but works on all other devices, is a problem that Roku might want to address? Even if the issue is with Netflix’s app, Roku needs to be the one contacting Netflix to correct the issue in order to serve your customers.

netflix support is telling us that the issue is on roku’s end, so it’s unlikely anything will be fixed without Roku intervening on their customer’s behalf to make sure the issue is fixed.

AKessler86
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix not working on Roku

Jump to solution

Exactly! Works on Chromecast, Ipads/iphones, PS5/Xbox, Firestick, but not any of my many Roku devices

GoldenGirl
Channel Surfer

Re: Netflix not working on Roku

Jump to solution

Totally agree @meb123

@RokuKariza-D can you escalate this issue (again) to the Roku technical team to reach out to Netflix and try to resolve the issue (or look into it again to ensure it's not a Roku issue.)  Somehow it seems like only some users have compatibility issues with all their Netflix/Roku connections - so maybe it's an account mismatch thing?  If it's not resolved or worked on soon, first step would be to replace my device with a non-roku streaming device which would make me sad since I've been with Roku a long time.  If there's another way I should reach out to Roku to get this resolved, please let me know.

FYI for others reading this thread - I reached out to Netflix again on chat and they said they created a ticket on their end.  (I had to go through all the trouble shooting again, but finally got past that to create a ticket.)  It might be worth reaching out to them and insisting on technical escalation to get more people on the ticket.  Since they just created the ticket, I don't know if it will go anywhere:/

0 Kudos
bthompson
Reel Rookie

Re: Netfix wont load certain titles

Jump to solution

Thanks for the feedback! Well I tried that and my Roku still will not load Netfix original titles past 25%. I may have forgot to mention this but this happens to all my roku devices in the house. Not just one. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

0 Kudos
GoldenGirl
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D Not an ideal solution, but I created a new roku account then factory reset the roku and signed in with the new account.  Now Netflix works.  So looks like an issue with the old roku account somehow.  At least I can watch Netflix. LMK if Roku is not planning on fixing this and I'll put in a request to delete my old account.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GoldenGirl @badhill @freehandfrog078

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe that this issue is now resolved. We would recommend checking for a channel update and make checking to see if the issue is still occurring.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator