Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meb123
Channel Surfer

How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

Netflix app hasn’t worked on my roku streaming stick+ for the past two days. I have tried checking for software updates, resetting the device, and resetting my network. Netflix works fine on my cell phone, laptop, and fire stick all on the same network. The only issue is on the streaming stick+. Software version 10.5.0 build 4208

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GoldenGirl
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D Not an ideal solution, but I created a new roku account then factory reset the roku and signed in with the new account.  Now Netflix works.  So looks like an issue with the old roku account somehow.  At least I can watch Netflix. LMK if Roku is not planning on fixing this and I'll put in a request to delete my old account.  

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe that this issue is now resolved. We would recommend checking for a channel update and make checking to see if the issue is still occurring.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

86 REPLIES 86
badhill
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can log into Netflix and view previews. But, when I attempt to play individual episodes it loads up to 25% and never plays the episode. I have restated my Roku, deleted the Netflix channel, signed in and out and restarted my modem and router to no avail. Not sure if this is a Netflix or Roku issue. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @badhill

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

You mentioned that you already tried removing the app. Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
badhill
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. The issue is only occurring for Netflix. I tried the suggested order of removing the app, restarting the Roku and re-installing, but that did not work either. I have done the system restart from the settings many multiple times as well. I'm not sure what the issue is here. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
    [Note: If this is a premium channel to which you subscribed through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel. ]
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find "System restart" under Roku menu path Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System'. Without the restart to clear the memory you may not get a clean reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
meb123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have tried that multiple times and it did not fix the issue.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@meb123-

Can you be more specific about "does not work" means?

Does it load at all?

When you click on a program choice, what happens?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
meb123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Netflix loads but when I try to stream a show it just spins at 0%. I have switched to an old fire stick on the same tv for now and it’s working without any issues.

GoldenGirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have this same issue.  I contacted Netflix support and they said to contact Roku.  Roku says to contact Netflix.  I even factory reset Roku and it didn’t help.   Netflix will get stuck loading programs at 0 or 25%.  Other channels work fine. This is for a Roku 3. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@badhill

Thanks for the reply.

Since you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos