Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janmcches

How to fix NBC Cloud path error

Jump to solution

I can no longer watch live NBC or playback some shows. I get ‘cloud path error’. How do I fix this?

Tags (1)
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RossMo21

Re: How to fix NBC Cloud path error

Jump to solution

I’ve been having the issue for 3 weeks and just unlinked my TV provider and re-logged in and it fixed it

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

I tried uninstalling, unlinking, restarting, reinstalling as mentioned previously and none of those worked.  Here's how I got mine to work:

When you go to reactivate/relink your NBC account via the NBC activate website, make sure you have cleared your web browser cache on the device you are using- especially if you have used it before to activate.

I was not only having issues watching live tv with the NBC app (on multiple tv's), but with my HGTV, Food Network, etc.  I always use either my phone or my ipad to activate my apps and link it with cox cable.  I happened to use my spouse's phone to try the activation, which I've never used before and viola- it worked! 

So to test my solution on my other tv's that were having the same issue, I cleared the web browser cache and cookies on my phone and ipad, reactivated/relinked using the respective activation websites and it worked.  Now all my apps that were having live tv issues are working fine.  

I only started having these live tv issues after the Roku TV update in December.

This worked for me, but hopefully this will help others resolve their issues too.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cloud path error on NBC

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact NBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach NBC support here: https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, for more information about that channel's functionality and error messages, you'll want to contact NBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach NBC support here: https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I know this is an old comment but I just wanted to update what I did to make it fix mine I first remove the nbc app then unplugged my Roku box to reset it then I got the nbc app again still wouldn't work so I signed out of the app nothing then I signed out of my cable company and signed back in then it worked. So sign out of your cable company (if that's how you use the app) and then sign back in.

I hope this helps if your having the same problem 

99 REPLIES 99
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Janmcches 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
tallyn3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Nothing works and if it does, only for 1-time use

I am shopping for another service because of it and how long it has continued!

sspotten

Cloudpath Error Authorization for Bravo

Jump to solution

Hi Danny - I have also been unable to get Bravo on my ROKU and unfortunately, your recommended fix did not work,  I can access Bravo on my laptop without an issue

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sharon

Klhayden

Jump to solution

Danny, I have been having the same issue as well, Have restarted numerous times.  Deleted & reinstalled & still cannot get NBC to work.  Any other ideas?  Been like this since Monday now!

Rschmelzer

Cloud path authorization error for NBC

Jump to solution

All of a sudden I can't watch NBC live in one room but I can in another. I am getting a cloud path authorization error on one device but it works fine in the next room. I've tried all the tips posted and nothing's working. What do I do now?

Deb48
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue.  At first, I was able to go into the extended menu and click back into the program I was watching, but no longer.  The Cloudpath error msg is persistent.  The only program currently streaming is NBC News Now.  I hope you're able to fix this soon!

KTMac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

11.29.2020 Danny NBC & Bravo continue to have the "cloudpath error authorization.  I've deleted NBC & Bravo, restarted my system, and added the channels back - STILL have the cloudpath error authorization.  Please help asap!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cloud path authorization error for NBC

Jump to solution

@Rschmelzer 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
blairjones237
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue, deleting and re adding does not work.