Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCH
Binge Watcher

Re: Error code 403, trying to access AMC Plus programs

Jump to solution

Meanwhile you have paid for something you can’t use. I too like many are having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
BCH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Where is this I don’t see the same thing on my screen. There is nothing for an ad tracker.

0 Kudos
BCH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine doesn’t either and I am also trying to find out what they have that I don’t and where I need to go to fix this. AMC has proved to be useless.

0 Kudos
BCH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And ROKU claims it’s not them but AMC.

0 Kudos
Misled024

Jump to solution

I had same issue and your advice of going into Roku settings worked! Thank you 

0 Kudos
BCH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks to eggwhites57, however you found this out, I am now able to view AMC+ channel on my ROKU tv. 

I don’t understand what this “privacy” limited ad tracking has to do with viewing content. I read through the privacy, that’s baseless, since they (ROKU) state that vendors can still choose not to abide by the subscribers wishes. They have gone beyond the slippery slope.

ROKU says this is not their issue but it IS their fault for not knowing how their own product works with other vendors they allow on their platform. It’s ROKU that prevents and causes most if not all issues. I have had several in the past with them. Some reported and most not since it’s frustrating dealing with them. The vendors aren’t innocent either since they can and usually do cause problems as well.

This isn’t new that vendors don’t talk to one another let alone their technology. 

Kudos to eggwhites57!

0 Kudos
Recapper64
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So you are good now? I did not know about the privacy fix. I haven't even looked. My tv is 10 years on and did not see privacy on stream stick.

I did the factory reset and it fixed mine. Then about 5-6 days later eggwhites posted

0 Kudos
MasterMind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, this works and by doing a factory reset, nuclear option IMHO, it effectively does the same thing.

Privacy is under Settings->Privacy

0 Kudos
BCH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes eggwhites posted the solution in one of the many threads that exist for this error. The problem is Roku. I don’t think it matters how anyone signs up for AMC; Roku channel, AMC direct on Roku TV, AMC web site, or Amazon. The same issue would likely occur, which is Roku themselves who know nothing about how to fix this.

As stated before by eggwhites, I went to the Roku settings and privacy and found then 'limited ad' check box and unchecked it to get the AMC channel to work. Now what this does to privacy, I doubt anything since it’s written Roku and any channel vendor will still send ads that you don’t want or sell your information although the customer tells them not to. There is no privacy in this world.

0 Kudos
MasterMind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Under Settings->Privacy on the Roku OS 

0 Kudos