Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User015678
Reel Rookie

Re: Need help with Disney Plus error code 42

All apps work except Disney Plus with error code 42. I have deleted, rebooted, re-installed the app with no luck. This is on a 9102R stream bar running 10.5.0 build 4201-95 with a 200+mbps internet connection. 

0 Kudos
ManBertys
Reel Rookie

Disney App won't load. Getting Code 042 Error everytime. All other Apps work fine.

Disney App won't load. Getting Code 042 Error everytime. All other Apps work fine.

Re: OS 10.5 Disney Plus playback issue

Exact same message.  I have a TCL and Streambar, both with Roku 10.5.0 doing the same thing.  Did a chat thing with Roku the other night, did all the stuff I already did (reboot router, uninstall/reinstall app, restart Streambar) and of course no dice.  I gave them some info (build, version, plus some other identifier you get if you hit the home button 5 times then the back button 5 times) and said he'd get back to me.  That was November 24th, nothing yet.

Workaround?  Using my Xbox One to play Disney Plus, works flawlessly.  They definitely pooched it with the 10.5 update and it looks like they haven't done anything for over a month about it.

3rando
Channel Surfer

Roku Express and two TCL Roku TVs here all having the same issue with Disney Plus and Hulu.

0 Kudos
Cwatters07
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney App won't load. Getting Code 042 Error everytime. All other Apps work fine.

Same issue here. Also found out today that the VuDu/Fandango app is doing the same thing. All others work fine. I tried all of the “fixes” and spent an hour on chat with Roku that ended in them collecting info and saying they will investigate and get back to me. I would like to go back to older version os and see if it still has the same issue. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Flatulator1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What was the error message when attempting to stream the channel? 

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About so that I'll be able to follow up on your existing Support ticket?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Meerkat152
Binge Watcher

@RokuMary-F

@RokuDanny-R 

Is anyone going to follow up on my issue?  All info was posted weeks ago in this same thread.

I followed up on Tuesday and was told, "Thanks for the follow up. I currently do not have an update to provide at this time."  

That is extremely disappointing customer service.  It's been almost 2 months that I have been unable to access services that I am paying for.  If not resolved soon, I'll be shopping for devices from other brands.

0 Kudos
3rando
Channel Surfer

Update: turns out it was a DNS problem. The first server in the DNS list on my DHCP server was mistyped. Corrected the server address and rebooted the Roku. Everything is now working.

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

Error 42.... As I've said, a rollback fixed all the issues 10.5 put into play. Disney continues to be fine from other devices. It's roku and how they are handling network requests. Just give us the option to go back to FW 10 and stay there. I'm tired of having to reach out every six months because a firmware update breaks something on my tv. If I wanted to go through all of this with you I'd have just contacted support. OFFER A ROLLBACK TO ALL DEVICES! I know this isn't your fault but my God has my opinion of roku gone in the toilet. 

TCL

55S20 

Ludious
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney Plus error 42, Discover Plus error after 10.5.0 software update

ROKU TV C105X

TCL model 50S425

serial: X000005RFRLE

soft version: 10.5.0 build 4201-93

device id: S036D06RFRLE

issue report tracker ID: LE-475-231

timestamp: 2021-11-27T00:31:34Z

running the Disney Plus app causes this. Tried system restart and reinstalling channel multiple times. Only Disney Plus

0 Kudos