Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ghost77583
Level 7

Hallmark Channel is asking for cable provider?

Jump to solution

Yes I'm trying to download the hallmark channel on my Roku stick but it's asking me for a cable provider and I don't have a cable provider so how can I watch the hallmark channel?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hallmark Channel is asking for cable provider?

Jump to solution

Cable-type channel originators like Hallmark are paid by the providers that carry them (cable/satellite/Sling/Hulu/Youtube TV/etc) out of the subscription fees collected from their subscribers.  Many of these channels have Roku streaming apps you can use when you have a qualifying provider account.  If you "cut the cord" and discontinue your subscription to these services, you quit paying for their included channels and will no longer have a provider account that allows you to stream them. 

You can, however. subscribe separately to Hallmark Movies Now, for $5.99/month or $59.99/annually. It has content from several of the Hallmark channels.  

Those who think their viewing will be free by "cutting the cable" are bound to be disappointed, unless they are content to watch only the free ad-supported streaming options. The savings, if any, typically come from paying only for those channels you want, instead of an overblown cable/satellite package that includes a bunch of channels you never watch.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
LAG
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi.  Well this is a bit frustrating. Cant we actually e-mail Roku support versus having to scroll through hundreds of frequently asked questions or going to a community support board?

Anyhow, I signed up for the Hallmark 30 day free trial and when I go to my device to register it tells me to put in the activation code. I put in the activation code and then it tells me to select my provider.  Roku isn't listed as a provider so I can't get the channel. Feel like I'm just going around in circles.

Suggestions?  

LG

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Cable-type channel originators like Hallmark are paid by the providers that carry them (cable/satellite/Sling/Hulu/Youtube TV/etc) out of the subscription fees collected from their subscribers.  Many of these channels have Roku streaming apps you can use when you have a qualifying provider account.  If you "cut the cord" and discontinue your subscription to these services, you quit paying for their included channels and will no longer have a provider account that allows you to stream them. 

You can, however. subscribe separately to Hallmark Movies Now, for $5.99/month or $59.99/annually. It has content from several of the Hallmark channels.  

Those who think their viewing will be free by "cutting the cable" are bound to be disappointed, unless they are content to watch only the free ad-supported streaming options. The savings, if any, typically come from paying only for those channels you want, instead of an overblown cable/satellite package that includes a bunch of channels you never watch.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Tags (1)
0 Kudos