Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upset1235
Streaming Star

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Same here. Tried several times no luck. Been going on for me since 9/18. I have been following this thread for weeks now. Tried every suggestion multiple times over. Seems like a few new people just started having this problem yesterday. 

diokan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm one of those who just started having this problem yesterday.  It was with the YouTube app and got the "can't install from network" error.  I've deleted a bunch of channels, deleted YouTube, rebooted multiple times, changed screensaver and theme etc., etc.  I've finally got YouTube to load, and it even loads the thumbnails of videos, but if you click on one,  you just get a black screen.

At least I'm not the only one having issues.  The YouTube app on my LG TV works anyway.

upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Has anyone tried a factory reset? Older threads where people had this problem (it’s been going on since 2019 off and on) indicate that this may fix the problem. I am reluctant to try for fear of losing everything, but wondering if anyone else has tried. Anyone tried this?

0 Kudos
jackleo

Jump to solution

I’m trying a factory reset now…. I will let you know how it goes.  I don’t have high hopes.  Going through the setup after reset now…

0 Kudos
jackleo

Jump to solution

Well, it’s a pain to sign back into every channel again, but everything seems to work again after doing a factory reset and reloading everything

upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That's great! Please let us know if it stays fixed for you. I may try this myself if you have no further problems.

Keep us posted! Thanks!

momtaxc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't think I am up for a factory reset, nor do I think anyone should have to do that! No word from Roku as to why it keeps happening. Mine did start the error message last night for the first time!

0 Kudos
upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I agree it is ridiculous. But this has been going on for over 3 weeks for me, longer for others. Maybe for some of us it is an option if it at least stays fixed.

remaker
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, if some bug caused some internal corruption, a factory reset is the only option. And it is a total drag, for sure. Most of the time if you are going to go through the pain of a factory reset, you might as well buy an updated unit and set that up instead.

If you have a unit for than 5 years old, that's almost always the better option. I replaced my Roku 3 with a 2021 Roku Ultra and the remote alone was with the upgrade. Voice search, two custom shortcut buttons, TV IR control built in and a remote finder to locate the lost remote. And screaming fast.

I than passed on my reset Roku 3 to a family member.

A bug that requires a factory reset is really irritating and it feels wrong to reward that bug with a new purchase, but it may well be the quickest thing to do and gets you a better unit.

https://my.roku.com/upgrade/ has a list of personalized discounted devices based on the units you already own.

momtaxc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I started having this problem last night. None of the fixes work. Other roku owners on here also started having the problem last night too, or it started again. Can someone find a fix??